Trying to SBF a bricked D2G via RSDLite . . Not Winning

Droid2GlobalN00b

Reaction score
I have the most current version of RSDLite (4.9) and the most current Motorola drivers. I downloaded the SBF files by TBH from the sticky thread.

These are the steps that I am taking:

1) Power on phone while holding "X" to enter bootloader screen
This is the screen I am looking at on my phone:
photo.jpg

2) Plug phone into computer via USB

3) Open RSDLite - and it will not recognize my phone

RSDLite will not recognize phone at all. PLEASE HELP!!

zachdroid

Reaction score
Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling RSD? Could be bad dl

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Try unplugging your phone and plugging it back in. Seems I had to do that with my D1. You can also try closing RSD and then opening it again to see if that helps.

This thread has been Thunder struck!!

cricketson007

Reaction score
I couldn't even get RSD to open and it kept saying I needed to get newer drivers. I am new to the droid world and trying to learn how to revert to stock rom. Hearing rsd is the best way to do that but can't actually do it is irritating to say the least...

Sent from Liberated DROID2 GLOBAL

Grog

Reaction score
If you have windows 7, run it in XP mode.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Just to be formal, i guess, is there a way to set up windows 7 to run in a sort of 'XP mode' permanently, so that it stops asking me for permissions all the time? Im sick of it. I know what I am doing, and what programs i ask it to run and install, and what kind of administrator level operations I want to do. Windows 7, on the other hand, acts like a paranoid mutha shut yo mouth and it is aggravating.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I couldn't even get RSD to open and it kept saying I needed to get newer drivers. I am new to the droid world and trying to learn how to revert to stock rom. Hearing rsd is the best way to do that but can't actually do it is irritating to say the least...

Sent from Liberated DROID2 GLOBAL

Are you running RSD as an administrator?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
It shows you as in the bootloader but you're accessing recovery by holding the X. Try pulling the battery, loading up RSD Lite, powering the phone up holding the up arrow on the keypad, then plugging it in -- plugging it in right before powring the phone up. If hitting "show device" doesn't show the device, try rebooting the PC, a different USB port, a different USB cable, or uninstalling/reinstalling RSD Lite. Make sure you're running as Admin, try XP mode, and make sure you have the absolute latest drivers directly from Motorola's site. Use the app you download from there to clean out all the old drivers before installing the new ones, then reboot before attempting anything else.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
It shows you as in the bootloader but you're accessing recovery by holding the X. Try pulling the battery, loading up RSD Lite, powering the phone up holding the up arrow on the keypad, then plugging it in -- plugging it in right before powring the phone up. If hitting "show device" doesn't show the device, try rebooting the PC, a different USB port, a different USB cable, or uninstalling/reinstalling RSD Lite. Make sure you're running as Admin, try XP mode, and make sure you have the absolute latest drivers directly from Motorola's site. Use the app you download from there to clean out all the old drivers before installing the new ones, then reboot before attempting anything else.

Thanks FBM!

OP
D

Droid2GlobalN00b

Reaction score
Big thank you to everyone for their input, its much appreciated. I am on a tight schedule with school right now and today is my birthday so you can imagine not a lot is getting done today! haha I will try all of these ideas tomorrow and let you guys know how it goes!

Asphyx

Reaction score
Just to be formal, i guess, is there a way to set up windows 7 to run in a sort of 'XP mode' permanently, so that it stops asking me for permissions all the time? Im sick of it. I know what I am doing, and what programs i ask it to run and install, and what kind of administrator level operations I want to do. Windows 7, on the other hand, acts like a paranoid mutha shut yo mouth and it is aggravating.

Yes right click on the icon for RSDLite and select properties.
GO to the compatability tab check run program in compat mode and also check run this as an administrator.

You can also do this via right clicking on the executable itself if you didn't make a shortcut for it.

hamann5

Reaction score
Uninstall everything and reinstall. Once you've reinstalled REBOOT your PC. I couldnt get mine to work either until I did that.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums