Brain Cramp...help

Mongoose

Reaction score
I don't seem to remember...or, know how to revert back to the OEM SMS/MMS/Email system. I am currently using Handcent and need to switch back.

I had posted earlier about having my text messages come thru "garbled" when using Swype/Shapewriter. Part of the solution was to determine whether Handcent may have been causing Swype to perform inconsistently so I have been running Handcent with Swype...now I want to switch back to the OEM SMS/MMS system to compare and can't seem to figure out how to do it...feeling kinda dumb...but could one of you tech guys respond...please...Thanks....:icon_ devil:

OP
Mongoose

Mongoose

Reaction score
LOL...Hey man...thats way to easy.

Actually there is a selection screen in there somewhere and thats what I'm looking to access. I had to use it to select Handcent in the first place and now I need to get back to it...but I have forgotten how and all the "long pushes" and "taps" and "short pushes" I have done over the past few days have led to me to .... asking the question on the forum...Aughhh !!!! :icon_ devil:

OP
Mongoose

Mongoose

Reaction score
Thanks RTT @Istus..I gave it a shot but that didn't work either. All I am looking for here is to get back to the default SMS system...right now that is Handcent.

I know that there is an "options" screen that pops up giving me a choice between "Handcent" and "Messaging". I need to find that...

Still stuck on Handcent...crazy thing...LOL :icon_ devil:

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
go into handcent in manage apps and clear defaults

edit 1 : in case you don't know how to do that hit menu/settings/applications/manage apps/ choose handcent/clear defaults

Last edited:

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
@CK..trying that one...sounds logical...:icon_ devil:
It's not logical it's how it works : )

when you clear that as your default open up a contact and choose to sms them. The option to choose Handcent or Messaging will appear put a check mark in "use as default" and choose messaging.

Done.

OP
Mongoose

Mongoose

Reaction score
Issue resolved...CK..thanks for the input. I now have my options screen back and will begin seeing how Swype works with the OEM messaging system...have a great day...

@RTT...ok my friend...now you can shut it down. Thanks...:icon_ devil:

Istus

Reaction score
@CK..trying that one...sounds logical...:icon_ devil:
It's not logical it's how it works : )

when you clear that as your default open up a contact and choose to sms them. The option to choose Handcent or Messaging will appear put a check mark in "use as default" and choose messaging.

Done.
If you do not what to uninstall, this is what you must do. You beat me to it cereal killer. :)

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Issue resolved...CK..thanks for the input. I now have my options screen back and will begin seeing how Swype works with the OEM messaging system...have a great day...

@RTT...ok my friend...now you can shut it down. Thanks...:icon_ devil:
Excellent..another satisfied customer : )

By the way I re-opened the thread lol.

Glad your issue is fixed

Enjoy

OP
Mongoose

Mongoose

Reaction score
Well...maybe not quite.!!!..it seems my entire SMS/MMS system just stopped working...gotta keep playing around for awhile..damn thing..LOL :icon_ devil: