Boot Manager with Galaxy Nexus Support

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'll have to try that too then because obviously it doesn't like something on my phone. Where's the best place to get support on this app? Obviously it's not here. I was hoping he could look at my logs and provide some input.

try emailing them at [email protected], or post in the forums on their webpage. when the app first came out, i had some issues with getting it to work on my OG, and the developers responded within a day or so to emails. attach your log to the email so they can see what's going on.

it's hard to give help when we're not experiencing the same issues. did you try uninstalling the app, rebooting, reinstalling the app, and then let the files download over 3g/4g (and not wifi)??

OP
DF Smod

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hey HK, glad to see ya :)

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey HK, glad to see ya :)

you too!! good to be back! have had a lot of stuff going on over the last year, but still been lurking. now that i upgraded to a GNex, i figured it was time to get back in the mix... :)

OP
DF Smod

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's awesome, glad things have smoothed out :)

BOA

Reaction score
I'll try emailing. Yes I've uninstalled multiple times wo success
I'll try downloing from their site too. I used 4g yo download.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm posting this just in case this happens to someone else.

Boy, did I run into a doozie with Boot Manager today! I loaded up the new Foxhound ROM on my 3rd ROM slot. It booted fine, but kept FCing at the system setup. So, I got around the initial set-up by doing the corner tap on the setup page. The ROM was absolutely stunning, but Market would close immediately and I couldn't load a gmail account because it would close immediately. So I wiped data/cache (kept the ROM because I liked it) and re-installed with AOKP gapps instead of gummy. Same issue.

Except this time, I had no Boot Manger application! The Boot Manager files were on my SD card (verified this by plugging in to PC), but I could not access the actual app. I deleted my boot manager files off the SD card, booted into recovery and tried booting into my phone ROM. However, it still booted into Foxhound! I checked after it loaded up and the Boot Manager contents were BACK on my SD card. I pulled my battery, booted into recovery and tried to boot into my phone ROM through there. That simply booted me into Foxhound as well.

I did NOT want to do a full restore so I started thinking. I opened my browser and searched for the apk. Luckily, I came across a link to the 3.2.1 apk file. I downloaded it and installed it through the system file manager. I was then able to boot back into a stable ROM.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'll try emailing. Yes I've uninstalled multiple times wo success
I'll try downloing from their site too. I used 4g yo download.

do you have logging turned off in Superuser??

Boy, did I run into a doozie with Boot Manager today! I loaded up the new Foxhound ROM on my 3rd ROM slot. It booted fine, but kept FCing at the system setup. So, I got around the initial set-up by doing the corner tap on the setup page. The ROM was absolutely stunning, but Market would close immediately and I couldn't load a gmail account because it would close immediately. So I wiped data/cache (kept the ROM because I liked it) and re-installed with AOKP gapps instead of gummy. Same issue.

Except this time, I had no Boot Manger application! The Boot Manager files were on my SD card (verified this by plugging in to PC), but I could not access the actual app. I deleted my boot manager files off the SD card, booted into recovery and tried booting into my phone ROM. However, it still booted into Foxhound! I checked after it loaded up and the Boot Manager contents were BACK on my SD card. I pulled my battery, booted into recovery and tried to boot into my phone ROM through there. That simply booted me into Foxhound as well.

I did NOT want to do a full restore so I started thinking. I opened my browser and searched for the apk. Luckily, I came across a link to the 3.2.1 apk file. I downloaded it and installed it through the system file manager. I was then able to boot back into a stable ROM.

after you booted into the rom slot, did you wipe data and cache thru BM or thru recovery??

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
after you booted into the rom slot, did you wipe data and cache thru BM or thru recovery??

Through Boot Manager. Wiping through recovery would have just wiped data on my phone ROM slot.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

BOA

Reaction score

Where do you find this Foxhound ROM?

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Where do you find this Foxhound ROM?

XDA. It's in the Galaxy Nexus CDMA Development section, but it's still a test build. He just recently ported it from his GSM version and there's still some issues (a major one for me at least was that the home button wouldn't function).

BOA

Reaction score
Thank you. I'm finding that most if these ROMs are mostly the same. Can't wait for CM9

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thank you. I'm finding that most if these ROMs are mostly the same. Can't wait for CM9

imho, ICS is pretty polished, and there's not a lot that can be done, featurewise, to distinguish roms. but, that's probly why i'm not a dev'r - those guys can really come up with some cool stuff, and we've probly just seen the tip of the iceberg...

btw, did you try turning off the log feature in Superuser to get Boot Manager working??

NewAge

XOOM Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Love the app! Ive looked back a couple pages and it looks like I have same issues as others. Is anyone able to install a kernel? I didnt see anything and wanted to know if there was something I needed to do? It says sucess but when ROM slot is booted its still old kernel.

And is there a quick way to restore when stuck at boot logo other than nandroid restore?

Everything else is great. It would be nice if it indicated what ROM slot was currently booted properly.

Edit: These last few times it has properly indicated the ROM the phone is on.

Last edited:

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Love the app! Ive looked back a couple pages and it looks like I have same issues as others. Is anyone able to install a kernel? I didnt see anything and wanted to know if there was something I needed to do? It says sucess but when ROM slot is booted its still old kernel.

And is there a quick way to restore when stuck at boot logo other than nandroid restore?

Everything else is great. It would be nice if it indicated what ROM slot was currently booted properly.

Edit: These last few times it has properly indicated the ROM the phone is on.

Sorry I haven't been here much and many sorry's to boa been a really busy week going back to school in two days anyway with the kernels for the gnex we've looked at them and a lot of them are set up differently than other devices for the gnex a lot of cases you should install the kernel as you would gapps because they're done in an update.zip fashion so give that a shot

It would be if the kernel has a boot.img in it then you would flash it as you would gapps

Sent from my evo 3d at 1.8ghz