boot animations

aldaudio

Reaction score
i cannot get them to work, after installing and rebooting.

i installed the goodies.zip, went into scripts, "install boot animations" and choose which one i want, then went to "scripts" then "switch boot animation," but it still has the stock boot......

side note, i really liked the boot animation from the Droid X theme, is there a way to get that one?

ntrddragn

Reaction score
i cannot get them to work, after installing and rebooting.

i installed the goodies.zip, went into scripts, "install boot animations" and choose which one i want, then went to "scripts" then "switch boot animation," but it still has the stock boot......

side note, i really liked the boot animation from the Droid X theme, is there a way to get that one?

I believe bugless beast has that in his rom. take that bootanimation and adb push to your phone. done. :)

KSalitrik

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue here. I'm thinking either the script sends it to the wrong place, or doesn't remove the pre-existing boot anim. I know I read a few tutorials that said the bootanimation.zip file needs to be placed in data/local/ but I did some exploring and found that my original bootanimation.zip file is in /system/media/.

The easiest workaround that I've found was just placing the bootanimation.zip on my root of my SD card and then using terminal to place the new boot anim into the /system/media/ folder.

So using console:
su
rm /system/media/bootanimation.zip
cp /sdcard/bootanimation.zip /system/media/

will copy your boot animation and place it into the media folder and effectively changing your boot anim. I'm not sure if anyone out there is having this problem, and I'm willing to hazard a very-uneducated guess that Froyo doesn't use the /data/local/ folder to load boot animations (but I'm probably wrong with that assumption). Either way this should work until someone with more experience can help you.

***EDIT***
Oh, also I forgot to tell you that you need to run the godmode script before doing this with your terminal. If you don't it'll fail to delete the file.

Last edited:

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
In kangerade scripts there is a install bootanimations option.. just choose your boot and your good.. I just tested it and it worked for me.

hddeuce60

Reaction score
I have tried everything it is moving the ba to the system/media folder but still boots with the red droid eye. I even tried reinstalling the rom and selecting a different animation and still get the droid eye.

OP
A

aldaudio

Reaction score
In kangerade scripts there is a install bootanimations option.. just choose your boot and your good.. I just tested it and it worked for me.

i tried doing that. i picked one out of the boot animations script, then i went to install ba thru scripts and it didnt work either time.

ill try the terminal way later.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

hddeuce60

Reaction score
I tried terminal too and no go.I'm not sure where it is getting the animation from because i even used root explorer and replaced it and still the same.

foxxy

Reaction score
mine isnt working either. I even picked the animation i wanted when installing the new 5.0.9 rom and I got the red eye instead. Chose the one i wanted using kangerade scripts and rebooting and I still have the droid eye :(

Nukewire

Reaction score
Same here, I choose when I installed from rom manager, and tried the scripts everything is broken ahh! :cus:

KSalitrik

Reaction score
I agree wih all of the above. Terminal wouldn't work on the rom (I don't have root explorer) and the scripts won't work. I also tried choosing a different boot anim when flashing the rom from rom mamager and it doesn't work. Maybe the rom manager version is broken and we need to use update.zip files?

mojo_droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I had the same issue, but its working now. I tried a handful of things, but what I think fixed it was getting rid of the bootanimation.zip in the data/local folder. Once I did that the install boot animation script worked great

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yeah, that will fix it. the Kangerade Scripts app puts the BA into the system/media folder but when the phone boots up it checks in the data/local first.... If anything is there it will run that.. If you delete the one in data/local the script app will work fine.

KSalitrik

Reaction score
Here's the scenario:
Using the godmode script and astro, the /data/local directory is empty
/system/media has the bootanimation.zip in it.
Kangeradescripts.04.2 won't change the bootanimation.
Fresh installs via rom manager with wiping will not change the boot animation.
Terminal emulator gives a read-only error even with the godmode script on.
No matter what happens, the phone will only display the default boot animation.