Kangerade

Gremlin

Reaction score
Decided to try out new rom and plus wanted to install Bgill's green metal theme...

So via ROM mgr downloaded and installed Kangerade.. with one of chosen boot animations, Blue theme, comic font and no lwp.. downloaded and did a wipe and clean..

It reboots and starts installing.. After installing, boot animation is the original droid (which is no biggie) and than it starts the setup..

After the last step of setup, I get a force close on setup.. and screen goes blank.. I cannot do anything.. So i had to power off and turn it back on..

Than it gets stuck on droid eye for a long time.. I let it go for 16 mins and still nothing.. so had to restore back to previous rom..

Any one seen this before? Tried it twice with default options as well. same result.. Thanks :)

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
RM can be a little buggy. did you try doing a hard boot into recovery (x + power) and then manually installing the rom (after dl to PC and transfer to root of sdcard)??

also, fyi - i don't think JRum is updating Kangerade anymore. the latest JRum rom is LithMod, and it's pretty sweet!

OP
G

Gremlin

Reaction score
I tried Lithium.. I am getting the same thing :(

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
sounds like it may be a problem with RM. i would dl LithMod and a theme directly to your PC, drop it on your sdcard, and then do a manual install thru recovery.

OP
G

Gremlin

Reaction score
will try reinstalling rm...

than trying manually thanks :)

OP
G

Gremlin

Reaction score
Thanks for the help :) Installing it manually worked fine :)