boot animations

fernandw

Reaction score
Fixed it by removing the BA.zip file from the data/local folder, via Root Explorer.

foxxy

Reaction score
my data folder i found using astro folder has an empty directy. cant find a data/local folder

poudrely

Reaction score
same - can't get boot animation to change. /data/ exists... but is empty.. no /data/local

poudrely

Reaction score
ahhh apparently astro does not let you see contents for w/e reason. Using terminal to list files... bootanimation.zip IS listed in /data/local/ ... i deleted it and it now works fine. (I did run godmode script, don't know if that was necessary or not). Good luck!

Dr.Soul

Reaction score
So I downloaded root explorer deleted to boot animation from data/local and boom Super Mario boot animation thanks for the tip guys. I had been trying to figure this one out myself for a week or so, I guess I no longer need Astro (just deleted) root explorer is worth every cent of the $2.86 it cost. Now If I can just fix this twitter issue I will be golden. Again thanks for the advice.

foxxy

Reaction score
So I downloaded root explorer deleted to boot animation from data/local and boom Super Mario boot animation thanks for the tip guys. I had been trying to figure this one out myself for a week or so, I guess I no longer need Astro (just deleted) root explorer is worth every cent of the $2.86 it cost. Now If I can just fix this twitter issue I will be golden. Again thanks for the advice.

I just did the same, thanks! Boot animation works now

KSalitrik

Reaction score
For those of us who are cheap bastards, there's an alternative to root explorer that I found when searching for root explorer:
Android Mate

I donno if its been posted on the forums or not. (If it's not allowed to say this then feel free to delete my post.) But I figured I would give people a heads up. It let me go into the data/local folders.

kamisan

Reaction score
boot animation

Isn't it in
DATA/LOCAL/bootanimation.zip

I thought that was where it loads it from, not system/

I moved the boot animation there and rebooted, and all worked well, no ADB needed, didnt use the script, but I did use the animation from the goodies folder, (prior to the fix) I extracted the bootanimation.zip and used root manager to move it there.
Also astro will do it, root explorer is just easier to use (IMO)

P.S. Kangerade 5.0.9 works very well, running .7 pink on my wifes still, working well also- Well done Jrummy16 very well done.

A855
Kangerade 5.0.9
P3 125-1000 kernel 2.6.329-P3Droids
baseband C_01.41.00R
unthemed launcher pro
Pandora working well, Tunewiki, RadioTime, iMusic maps and all apps-

Last edited:
OP
A

aldaudio

Reaction score
yep, deleted BA.zip in /data/local and now it works. thanks for the fix guys!!

truckrod

Reaction score
I have bin trying to install the BA of superman and have tried everything to do this and no luck, removed BA from data/local and even BA data/media and different sequence and even run the scripts. No luck! Even did na wipe reinstall of the rom and still couldn't do it. I had been able to change to all the BAs in the jrummy builds but have not been able to install a diffirent one other than the ones givin in goodys file. I pulled the zip file out of supermario n put in superman n did not change the zip at all left it bootanimation.zip n still nothing . I have tried all ways to do this terminal emulator, root explorer, astro, my pc but not adb shell. Cant get adb to work with windows 7. any help is greatly appreciated

Aixelsyd

Reaction score
I have bin trying to install the BA of superman and have tried everything to do this and no luck, removed BA from data/local and even BA data/media and different sequence and even run the scripts. No luck! Even did na wipe reinstall of the rom and still couldn't do it. I had been able to change to all the BAs in the jrummy builds but have not been able to install a diffirent one other than the ones givin in goodys file. I pulled the zip file out of supermario n put in superman n did not change the zip at all left it bootanimation.zip n still nothing . I have tried all ways to do this terminal emulator, root explorer, astro, my pc but not adb shell. Cant get adb to work with windows 7. any help is greatly appreciated

I as having issue last night when I changed over to Jrummy's 5.0.9 build also but finally got it. Here is what I did first I took the goodies downlaod file I had on my comp and found the bootanimation I wanted. I pull it from the zip and renamed it to bottanimation.zip Then use the comp to copy it to my sdcard. After that went into Root Explorer and delete the BA.zip in /local/data followed y going to the /system/media folder and deleted the BA.zip in there also. Last but not least using Root Explorer went to the sdcard and did a Move of the bootanimation.zip file I had just copied to it. I placed it is the /system/media folder after which time I set the folder back to read only and followed up by a reboot and all was good to go.

I had tried it other ways but for whatever reason it seemed as if I had to have the BA file deleted from /local/data prior to messing with the one in the /system/media folder.

Nealius

Reaction score
this is how I figured it out.
I removed the bootanimation.zip from data/local using terminal.
cd data/local
rm bootanimation.zip

Using the script app, only use the install boot animation script from the main menu, do not use the switch bootanimation script

cbg10nwa

Reaction score
trying to change my boot animation went into scripts and selected switch boot animation and said that it could not be found... how do i go about changing my boot animation then??

Nealius

Reaction score
trying to change my boot animation went into scripts and selected switch boot animation and said that it could not be found... how do i go about changing my boot animation then??

go back to the main menu. bottom option. install boot animation.

cbg10nwa

Reaction score
i got it working now
i did what you said and went through terminal and removed th boot animation zip and it works now thanks