Bolt Reboot Fix Coming "second half of June"

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
thunderbolt-power-cycling.jpg

Android Central is reporting, based on an internal memo leak, that the Thunderbolt should receive a fix for the reboot issues in the second half of June. Until then, most users will just have to wait it out (unless you've rooted and gone with a custom ROM/radio).

One has to wonder how this will affect the Gingerbread update that we were also supposed to receive by the end of June. Unless it's packaged altogether, which does not appear likely based on the memo, I would guess a delay is unfortunately imminent.

Source: Thunderboltforums.com via AndroidCentral

zodder

Reaction score
Thunderom has been flawless so far. Thank god for custom roms or, in the words of 900 Ft Jesus, "this piece of junk's going back to the factory" haha

wesdo2gg

Reaction score
Thunderom has been flawless so far. Thank god for custom roms or, in the words of 900 Ft Jesus, "this piece of junk's going back to the factory" haha

I'm in the same boat. Thunderrom has been treating me very well. It was the first rom I flashed and was looking for a daily driver that I can really get set up how I like. Thunderrom has been great for that so far.

Beardface

Reaction score
This is complete and utter . You shouldn't have to root your phone for it to work properly, and it sure as shouldn't take Verizon and HTC 2 freaking months to fix a problem they introduced themselves by pushing out a faulty update that had a known problem in the first place!

To drag their feet for 2 freaking months because of this is utterly unacceptable. Factory Resets and Rooting should NEVER be the fix to a problem on stock, especially one caused by the provider and manufacturer. And no, the hell if I'm going to go the route of Certified Like New devices. Been down that road before, and after receiving 3 worse phones than my original within the span of 2 weeks, I will never do it again. The whole thing is a scam.

I could not be more pissed right now. This is awful customer service, and we're all stuck with broken devices until Verizon eventually decides to put out the update. Complete crap. I can't even go to them about exchanging for another phone unless I want to pay full retail. Awful

Last edited by a moderator:

champaned_out

Reaction score
Not all of us are stuck with broken devices... mine has been working fine without random reboots on custom roms
this is something that should of been suspected as an early adopter... why wouldnt you want to root your phone? its simple with tons of guides... very easy to flash if you follow directions and gives your phone infinitely more options to customize... not only customize but make the device more stable and battery efficient

theres obviously a solution to this reboot problem and the solution has been out for as long as the problem to the reboot appeared... why not use it?

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not all of us are stuck with broken devices... mine has been working fine without random reboots on custom roms
this is something that should of been suspected as an early adopter... why wouldnt you want to root your phone?

It voids your warranty, and not everyone is technologically savvy enough to feel comfortable going through with it. Trust me, I've encountered plenty of people who rooted D1s who probably should not have.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
THose who are having problems with random reboots see the thread: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/htc-thunderbolt/146247-stock-thunderbolt-rebooting-randomly-13.html

From post 127 and down I have outlined a suggestion of the path to take. I am not running a stock device any way so the reboot issues are not bothering me, but if I was stock and I paid the high dollar price that came with vzw first lte device I would certainly follow the solution I laid out, infact I would go as far as reactivating my old device and mailing my phone back to vzw in its original box and asking for my money back....but that is just me.

etx_droid

Reaction score
I just got my TB last Friday and have had maybe 4 total random reboots. So far I love this phone and as I knew a fix was coming, as well as GB, I'm glad I chose the TB. I do hate that others have had serious issues as this is a great piece of hardware.

Sent from a bolt of thunder.

Reaction score
I haven't had any issues with my TBolt and it's stock with the first OTA. Now that I've said that I'm sure my phone will reboot itself within the hour.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
My wife has a bolt, she gets a couple reboots a day. Annoying, but not enough to make her return the phone - she can tough it out until the fix gets OTA'd.

OP
jntdroid

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is this fix gonna fix the GPS issue too ?

well considering the first OTA patch that caused all of the problems was supposed to, I sure hope so...