Bluetooth Voice Dialing needs my Screen On?!

giant25

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Does anyone else have a problem when firing up voice dialing from their BT headset? Typically after it says "Speak Now," I say "Call Jim Bob at work." The phone sits there quietly until I power the screen on. Then it says "Calling Jim Bob at work." I'm running Ultimate Droid 2.5 (and it's stock kernel), SetCPU runs at 250-550 MHz with screen off (tried faster speeds, no difference). I have a Jawbone Icon, but it did this with other headsets and previous ROMs. Anyone having anything like this or have an idea what it could be? Thanks.

OP
G

giant25

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Bumpin it...

gsDroid

Reaction score
My bluetooth voice dialing works fine on BB.6.2.1 and PE 4.2 using a Jabra Cruiser in the car and an old, cheap bluetooth headset. It works whether or not the screen is active or at sleep.

OP
G

giant25

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
My bluetooth voice dialing works fine on BB.6.2.1 and PE 4.2 using a Jabra Cruiser in the car and an old, cheap bluetooth headset. It works whether or not the screen is active or at sleep.
Thanks for the reply. I might have to try another ROM just to see...
Anyone have a Jawbone Icon working with the screen on or off? How about running Ultimate Droid?

PoggiPJ

Reaction score
Having similar problem with other headsets

Since upgrading to version 2.3.4, my Bluetooth no longer completes the call cycle on my locked Atrix until I activate the display. Only when I activate the display will I receive the voice dial prompt.

As long as the display is visible, it will work.

Prior to the upgrade I had no problem. I am experiencing this on two headsets.

• Cardo Scala Rider G4 Hands Free Bluetooth Headset (for motorcycle helmets)
  • AT&T V851 Stereo Hands Free Bluetooth Headset

ComputerChris

Reaction score
I have the exact same problem since the update to 2.3.4. I have reloaded the phone with the original ROM and determined the error is in the upgrade. I am using a Backbeat 903 BT and did not have any problems with the OS before the update. I have tried looking for input from Motorola their solution is to replace my still warrantied phone with a refurbished unit. I have called support twice and have gotten no where. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.