Ultimate juice + Google Voice + voice commands = problems??

born2golf

Reaction score
Hi Folks, I'm a new android user and I've run into a bit of an snag today that perhaps your can figure out for me. First the facts:

-I'm on a DROID2 on froyo
-I am a google voice user
-The phone is configured to use google voice to make all outbound calls
-Ultimate Juice is running at all times and is configured to shut down 3g data access when the screen is off (or at low transmission speeds)
-I'm using a bluetooth headset

So, today, while driving to various business appointments I was making lots of calls using the voice commands, and was generally pleased with the accuracy of recognition. Then I noticed that in some cases, when I would dial via voice commands initiated by the headset, the call would not launch when the phone was sitting with the screen off. After some experimentation I came to the conclusion that although the voice command was working and the phone was attempting to dial, the outbound call would fail because google voice was trying to initiate the call, via the data network, which ultimate juice had shut down to conserve power. This was confirmed by unlocking the phone at which time I could see a google voice failure message.

As I said, I'm a bit a newbie on android, but it would appear that the only obvious solution is to stop ultimate juice from controlling the data connection permanently or at least on the days I plan to do a lot of driving & voice dialing without touching the handheld.

Though I was wondering what other suggestions the group may offer?

I'm Looking forward to being a contributor here once I'm android educated!

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
Maybe go to App category in UJ and see if you can have the voice dial feature (or whatever app it uses) can be set to enable data.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
B

born2golf

Reaction score
I've only played with the apps setting in ultimate juice a bit, and there seems to be three apps to pick from that I should put on the whitelist, which are dialer, voice commands, and voice (google voice). Each and all seem to solve the problem, but in doing so it would appear that my data connection is staying up perpetually. negating any savings I would get from ultimate juice managing the data connection. Unless there is a better way,. this may just be the mode I put it into when I plan on doing a lot of voice dialing hands free.