Bluetooth/Infiniti g35 2007 sedan - help!

twylight

Reaction score
I have 2 bugs after I have my phone paired - and they are major.

1. If I make a call no one can hear me - if i disconnect bluetooth, make the call, and then connect it works fine. If I make a call from the phone or car direct - doesnt work. I have tried turning off phone privacy and the ##program change.

2. I cant figure out how to do an address book transfer off the phone...where is that? It used to just dump the SIM based contacts to the phone.

Thanks for any ideas.

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
The sim thing could be your car. Did you try backing up your contacts to your sim?

The voice connect I dont know. I will test that this evening in my car and see if it does the same.

I have 2 bugs after I have my phone paired - and they are major.

1. If I make a call no one can hear me - if i disconnect bluetooth, make the call, and then connect it works fine. If I make a call from the phone or car direct - doesnt work. I have tried turning off phone privacy and the ##program change.

2. I cant figure out how to do an address book transfer off the phone...where is that? It used to just dump the SIM based contacts to the phone.

Thanks for any ideas.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
1. Did you try looking at the settings in your car, and then reconnecting it to your phone?

2. An address book transfer should be automatic in a newer car like yours. My car, or more steareo, does an auto address book transfer. Again, check the settings to your car, have you had any problems before with the bluetooth?

OP
T

twylight

Reaction score
no issues - i blew away everything in the car and did it from scratch - same issues.

How do I tell the droid to send the contacts? I think that is what I am missing for the address book - like I cant find the option to tell it to broadcast.

The broken boothtooth connection is probably a deal breaker for me - im very much in love with this phone but I drive 2 hours a day and dont want to ever look at it.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
is there a factory reset on your bluetooth radio in the car?

My headunit had this problem a couple months back, needed to be updated and then after that there weren't any problems.

CORRUPT27

Reaction score
I have the same issue. I have a 2009 maxima and i need to be able to send my contacts via bluetooth. It actually waits for me to send it but i dont see an option in contacts to send via bluetooth. When i had my blackberry i didnt have any issues sending my contacts via blue tooth.

jenjenmi

Reaction score
I just got a new 2010 Nissan Maxima tonight. I've had my Droid for a few days and was very excited to have my first car with Bluetooth and my great new phone.

I was very dismayed that the phone starts crashing when I paired my car to it. Unfortunately it is tough to get the exact details of what happened (lots of info flashing by on the phone and car screens).

It seems like when the car starts downloading my phonebook, com.android.phone crashes. Help please.

barryp3403

Reaction score
I have a similar problem to Twylight. I have a 2007 Nissan Maxima and, intermittently, when making calls, blue tooth on the Droid turns off or delinks from the in-car system so that the person I am calling can hear me through the phones microphone but, by the time I get the phone out (while driving, which limits how much attention I can give to the phone) the other party has rung off.

RuthM

Reaction score
I am having a similar problem sending my contacts to my 2010 Prius. Everything connects fine, when I send the contacts only 5 of them come and they are random - not the first 5 or last 5 - just random 5. I contacted the Droid hotline and the nice lady from India said the Droid does not support transfer of phone contacts to the car. Is that for real??

atlharry

Reaction score
I actually have a parrot system (brand, not an actual parrot who listens to the phone and tells me what the other person is saying... :)). From what I can tell, it is dependent on the types of address books that your system will support. From my experience, these systems have ALWAYS had problems with smartphones and mine still doesn't fully support even the blackberry OS. I was pleasantly surprised that it DID minimally support the android address book (but I definitely felt lucky that it did).

Long story short, car handsfree owners MAY be out of luck until they catch up with the cell phone trends OR android devs find a way to present the contacts in a more standardized (symbian?) way.

barryp3403

Reaction score
Anyone hear anything new on bluetooth compatibility with the Droid on Nissan and Infiniti built in bluetooth systems?

sfinchler

Reaction score
I can chime in with the same problem but it's intermittent. I have a 2006 Infiniti G35 and the bluetooth usually works but on occasion I make a call and it connects but it's only through the phone. If I turn bluetooth off and back on it works fine. So far it's happened 2 or 3 times. I wonder if the December 6th update messed it up because I don't remember it happening before that.

safman16

Reaction score
I have a 2010 maxima also. No issues with phone pairing and address book being uploaded. Works automatically.
I do have an issue when I leave the car. If I turn off BT on my droid, when I get or make a call, the person hears me but I don't hear them. Only way to fix it is to power cycle the droid.

mshannon

Reaction score
Anyone out there playing with 2.1 - and/or - anyone out there writing CODE that could look at the BT/Infiniti issue? -

I am seeing the 07 issue - it connects/line is static - send to handset/take back - line is fine

anyone?