Bluetooth/Infiniti g35 2007 sedan - help!

barryp3403

Reaction score
OTA 2.1 ese81 does nothing for bluetooth

I was hoping that the 2.1 OTA update would fix the bluetooth issues I have been having with my 2007 Maxima's built in bluetooth system. It has not made any difference I am sorry to report. The phone pairs with the in-car system but then it does not reliably stay connected.

howard e

Reaction score
I just joined the group, just got the Droid, running 2.1 update 1 - having the same problem with a 2009 Maxima. Has anyone solved it yet?

barryp3403

Reaction score
Corrected with 2.2

Bump. I'm having all kinds of bluetooth issues on 07 g35.

I hope that all or most of the bluetooth issues in Nissan vehicles will be corrected with OS 2.2. Do you have the 2.2 (froyo) update? I haven't received it yet and remain hopeful.

Smokie

Reaction score
isn't the 2007 G35 still under factory warranty or have you gone over the miles? I know at Mercedes they constantly have to come out with software updates to allow all the new iphones, droids, etc. to be able to pair with their cars. If your car is under warranty then you can have them update it wont' cost you anything. The car is 3 years old, do you take it in to get serviced when you should? If any updates come out for your car, they should tell you about them while you are there and give them to you. If not, then even if you had to pay cash to have them diag the car and perform a software update to whatever bluetooth module in the car, it shouldn't cost you much more then 1 hour labor. no parts.

mshannon

Reaction score
Good point - but Infiniti only supports "certain" phones, Droid is NOT on that list.

2.2 push is happening this week, you will be happy - (I did the manual update last week to see if this worked)

dbail

Reaction score
So after poking around for months, I finally found a post on another forum that set me in the right direction. I now have a paired Iphone4 with a downloaded phonebook in the car, with fully working caller ID on the car display.

What is required: Iphone, another cell with bluetooth (or PC with bluetooth, but I couldn't get this to work)

Make sure the contact list on the non-Iphone contains the contacts you want

1. pair both phones to the car
2. with the iphone paired, go into phone -> phonebook (downloaded)
3. car will prompt you to download the phonebook
4. select yes (or equivalent)
5. can and phone will disconnect and car will be waiting for the phone to transfer contacts
6. on the non-iphone device, turn on bluetooth (if not already) and initiate contact transfer
7. contacts will transfer and the car associates the contacts with the iphone mac address.

As I mentioned, I tried this with my mac laptop, but was unsuccessful. Used a blackberry the second time and worked the first time.