Bluetooth headset woes

twin_57103

Reaction score
I've been a long time bluetooth user, and never seem to have had so much trouble as with my Droid 2. I've used multiple headsets and they are all staticky-crackly for the people I am talking to (I don't hear the static). It is very frustrating as I am used to using a headset, especially for the car. Sometimes it completely obscures the conversation, from what they tell me.

I asked the carrier and they suggested buying a more expensive headset, that improved components might have a better connection with the phone. Any thoughts on this? They also suggested avoiding using wi-fi simultaneously, as they may interfere with each other. Of note: I have trouble with this at home, when there is wifi, and in the car, when there is no wifi. I do like to use them simultaneously on occasion, but I'd rather figure this out first.

The phone is not the first one I've had, that died after I dropped it (only about 3 feet!) and shattered the screen. This is an insurance replacement. I have had a couple quirks with it, the worst of which is that I can't add any direct dial shortcuts; the menu option simply isn't there. Nevertheless, I don't think there is any reason to suspect a defect with the bluetooth system, but I'm not 100% sure on that. I had the same trouble before this replacement, IIRC.

After all that, any suggestions on bluetooth options to avoid the static that my friends are hearing? I'm willing to buy a new headset, but only if there's a reasonable reason to suspect it will help.

Thanks for your time!

OP
T

twin_57103

Reaction score
Forgot to mention: I have used Jawbone & Plantronics primarily, but there may have been another brand or so in the mix; I have tried several. All have been on the cheaper side. I don't care for Jawbone all that much (I want a headset, not jewelry), but they have migrated my way through sales and lost & found.