Bluetooth streaming problems

Reaction score
I have a Droid and a KCA-BT200 bluetooth unit in my car. I've been using it to connect as a hands-free headset and stream music to my car. It works great as a phone headset, but when I play music, every few seconds the playback will stutter, then start up again. I'm not sure if the problem is with the Droid or the bluetooth unit. Has anyone else had troubles with this?

y0manda

Reaction score
I am considering getting the kca bt200. how is it working with the droid?

OP
S
Reaction score
I am considering getting the kca bt200. how is it working with the droid?
I got it working by upgrading the firmware on the kca bt200. Everything works flawlessly now. I can make phone calls and wirelessly stream music easily. Feel free to ask if you have any troubles upgrading the firmware.

Last edited:

y0manda

Reaction score
good to hear. just checked kenwood's website didn't find where you can update firmware, also how did you update it? think im going to order the bluetooth adapter once my wife falls asleep.

Ahhh found a pdf on how to do it, my laptop w/ bluetooth dongle may work.

Last edited:
OP
S
Reaction score
good to hear. just checked kenwood's website didn't find where you can update firmware, also how did you update it? think im going to order the bluetooth adapter once my wife falls asleep.

Ahhh found a pdf on how to do it, my laptop w/ bluetooth dongle may work.
Yeah, that's the one. And I used a laptop with a bluetooth dongle, so that should work fine. The update went pretty smooth for me, except the end. It never confirmed that it had finished updating, so I had to do the steps at the end of the PDF where it says to turn off your car for 60 seconds, then power it back on and wait 30 seconds or something like that. Once I did that process the kca bt200 was updated and everything worked great.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.