"Blocking Mode" Verizons solution ..Hahahahahahah

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
How to: Enable ?Blocking Mode? on Verizon?s Galaxy Note 2 ? Droid Life

^ there is a work around. But that is why I left vzw I got tired of them changing the phone from the way the oem intended it just so they can control every thing.

Regrettably, that method doesn't fully work.

I was the one who found that. I posted a thread about it here on the forums first - Blocking Mode is Present and Working on the Verizon Note 2! - and then I submitted it to Droid-Life (you'll see me thanked at the bottom of the post...I'm not sure who Thomas is in the thanks, but he must have just submitted my subsequent post about it on XDA). But when I submitted it to Droid-Life, I told them it wasn't fully functional. They failed to include that part in their story for some odd reason.

As I note in the thread, it was hit or miss for me, with far more misses than hits.

jenglish724

Reaction score

I was the one who found that. I posted a thread about it here on the forums first - Blocking Mode is Present and Working on the Verizon Note 2! - and then I submitted it to Droid-Life (you'll see me thanked at the bottom of the post...I'm not sure who Thomas is in the thanks, but he must have just submitted my subsequent post about it on XDA). But when I submitted it to Droid-Life, I told them it wasn't fully functional. They failed to include that part in their story for some odd reason.

As I note in the thread, it was hit or miss for me, with far more misses than hits.

What are the parts that miss? I tried using this for my "Do Not Disturb" and it didn't work as well as I wanted it to.
I am now looking at different apps for trying to accomplish Blocking Mode.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Thanks for noting. I personally do not have the vzw variant, is there another solution work around other than with roms?

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
What are the parts that miss? I tried using this for my "Do Not Disturb" and it didn't work as well as I wanted it to.
I am now looking at different apps for trying to accomplish Blocking Mode.

What are the parts that miss? Practically the whole thing misses. It doesn't block calls or notifications properly. I had it actually block some stuff, but 90% of the time it didn't work.

Scott7975

Reaction score
Wow, what a joke. I wont leave verizon just yet but I am pissed about this missing feature. You cant tell me that it was Samsungs choice to disclude it.

jseah

Reaction score
This really doesn't make any sense on why Verizon would choose to not include it. It's not like it was a free competitor to a paid offering that Verizon has (i.e. Skype over data versus Verizon Skype that uses minutes).