Video calling, blocking mode, scrolling screen.....

Peteypab2133

Reaction score
All things missing on my VZW Note 2.

On a quick review of things I have seen/found out. Recently the Samsung rep came into my store. He had a Note2 but an international version. Its NOT LTE. It had Blocking mode (as does AT&T) But the really cool thing it did have that neither my VZW or my wifes AT&T one has was VIDEO CALLING! Right under the phone number of a contact it shows a little "video calling" option. I am really bummed out that VZW took the extra time to come out with this phone, only to reduce the features that came on it.

The blocking mode was a nice feature I used nightly on my iPhone 5, now my newer more blinged out Note2 does not have it. (not going to DL whitelist either)

The other few things I am NOT fond of is yet again VZW forcing the "wifi available" in the drop down notification bar. This thing has not been bugging me to do Backup assistant plus either like my S3 kept asking and asking.

Setting a wallpaper is also bogus. Although the screen is spectacular, you can clearly see it allows you to crop the photo for the separate scrolling screen.

If anyone has any questions, I have specific training information available to see. Though if its tooooo technical I may not know.

Thanks for looking!

wardo

Reaction score
All things missing on my VZW Note 2.

On a quick review of things I have seen/found out. Recently the Samsung rep came into my store. He had a Note2 but an international version. Its NOT LTE. It had Blocking mode (as does AT&T) But the really cool thing it did have that neither my VZW or my wifes AT&T one has was VIDEO CALLING! Right under the phone number of a contact it shows a little "video calling" option. I am really bummed out that VZW took the extra time to come out with this phone, only to reduce the features that came on it.

The blocking mode was a nice feature I used nightly on my iPhone 5, now my newer more blinged out Note2 does not have it. (not going to DL whitelist either)

The other few things I am NOT fond of is yet again VZW forcing the "wifi available" in the drop down notification bar. This thing has not been bugging me to do Backup assistant plus either like my S3 kept asking and asking.

Setting a wallpaper is also bogus. Although the screen is spectacular, you can clearly see it allows you to crop the photo for the separate scrolling screen.

If anyone has any questions, I have specific training information available to see. Though if its tooooo technical I may not know.

Thanks for looking!

What's wrong with setting up a wallpaper?
Sorry, I'm not picking up what your putting down :)

tap a talka thingy

OP
P

Peteypab2133

Reaction score
What's wrong with setting up a wallpaper?
Sorry, I'm not picking up what your putting down :)

tap a talka thingy

Sorry, just complaining that it makes me crop down down my photos! With a 5.5" screen I expect more picture

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

wardo

Reaction score
Sorry, just complaining that it makes me crop down down my photos! With a 5.5" screen I expect more picture

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Every phone i have ever had requiers this to be done.
Are the pictures proportions all jacked up after you set the wallpaper?

My pictures are always zoomed in, no matter what I do with cropping

tap a talka thingy

Reaction score
I have an issue: When I try to advanced edit a photo from the gallery, it tells me that I need to download photo editor. When I hit the download button, nothing happens. It does not launch any programs or anything. I'm currently in Samsung live chat to see if they know what's up.

Edit: Apparently it is something that might come with an update. Same with blocking mode. Fingers crossed!