Blocking callers

TWC42

Reaction score
Even the instruction manual for the Rezound didn't list this gem. Want to block a specific caller? If they already called, go to call history, long press on the number, and a menu pops up with an option to block caller. In the call history mode, pressing the menu gives the option to see a list of blocked callers, and another menu press allows you to add a number either manually or from a list of contacts.
Who needs an app or to pay VZW for their unlimited blocking feature?
Controlling who can call me is important to me, and I'm glad I stumbled across this feature.
Works on my wife's HTC Incredible 4G also.
EDIT: The "blocked caller" goes to voicemail and can leave a message. (I tested this out). If they do, the voicemail is indicated on the phone. I like this feature, so if I inadvertently block an important caller, they still can contact me. Removing blocked callers is an easy step through the call history menus.

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
That's a pretty neat find. Wonder if it works on my D3? I'll have to look at that lol.

OP
TWC42

TWC42

Reaction score
Posted this on the Rezound forum, but the ease of blocking callers works on the Incredible 4G as well.
If someone has called who you want to block, go to Call History and long press on the number.
A menu will pop up with an option to "block caller". Simple as that. Confirm
The next time a call from that number dials yours, they will go straight to your voicemail.
While in the Call History, poke around the menu and you will find how to see a list of all blocked callers.
You can also manually enter a number that you wish to block. And you can unblock anyone already on the list of blocked callers.
This is SO much better than using an app or paying VZW for unlimited blocking.
I don't think this will stop text messages from a blocked caller, but there is an app for that.

acejavelin

Reaction score
It's an HTC thing, been around since the Incredible, maybe before... It is one of my favorite, yet least favorite, features of this phone (Fav when I need it, but it is usually unfortunate who I need to use it against, long story). I haven't seen any other Android phone with this feature built in unless it was from HTC. On a side note though, if you have this enabled for any contact it will take longer for your phone to start ringing than normal, around 2-4 seconds longer than "normal"... I am assuming it is analyzing the caller ID to see if it is blocked before ringing the phone.

OP
TWC42

TWC42

Reaction score
It's an HTC thing, ....... if you have this enabled for any contact it will take longer for your phone to start ringing than normal, around 2-4 seconds longer than "normal"... I am assuming it is analyzing the caller ID to see if it is blocked before ringing the phone.
Just tested this out in the wee hours before any network congestion. Verified that there were no blocked callers on my Verizon account. Disabled all the blocked callers on my Rezound and used my wife's Incredible 4G to call my phone. My phone started ringing during the second ringback tone I heard on the Incredible. Then I re-blocked the numbers (about 15) that I had previously blocked and called again. My Rezound started ringing during the second ringback tone I heard on the Inc., no detectable difference. Repeated the test with and without blocked callers. Same results.
Wanted to check this out because there are times when my phone won't start ringing until about three or four ringback tones on the caller's phone, and this must be caused by other factors (network congestion) and not the call blocking feature.

acejavelin

Reaction score
Just tested this out in the wee hours before any network congestion. Verified that there were no blocked callers on my Verizon account. Disabled all the blocked callers on my Rezound and used my wife's Incredible 4G to call my phone. My phone started ringing during the second ringback tone I heard on the Incredible. Then I re-blocked the numbers (about 15) that I had previously blocked and called again. My Rezound started ringing during the second ringback tone I heard on the Inc., no detectable difference. Repeated the test with and without blocked callers. Same results.
Wanted to check this out because there are times when my phone won't start ringing until about three or four ringback tones on the caller's phone, and this must be caused by other factors (network congestion) and not the call blocking feature.
Must be just me then... I have one contact I block frequently but generally only for a few hours at time, it always seems my phone takes longer to ring as I usually answer it very quickly and when the call block is on people often say to me "took you long enough, thought your VM was going to answer" but it seemed to only really happen when I was blocking a contact, so I put 2 and 2 together. Guess I never really tested it...

hbgirl1968

Reaction score
I love this option! I've been using this on my droid phones for ages! Great for the ex! Lol