block everything but data on Droid 1?

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is there any way via an app or what ever to block calls and text so only the data connection is on?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Doesn't Voice and Data use the same Radio?

OP

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Thats where I'm getting lost because you can make a call when the data connection is not there. When I'm hunting I can call for help but I have no internet connection. So I was hoping it could work the other way also. Airplane mode kills and resets data also even though I think that guy was joking.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You can keep wifi data on by turning phone to airplane mode then turning wifi back on. I have a widget for both and it works on my Inc.
There is also an app called Airplane Mode Wifi On Tool free on the market

Support Our Troops!! written in some form from a wifi monolith.

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score

Thats where I'm getting lost because you can make a call when the data connection is not there. When I'm hunting I can call for help but I have no internet connection. So I was hoping it could work the other way also. Airplane mode kills and resets data also even though I think that guy was joking.

No, that guy wasn't joking. I recently went to Belize and didn't want to incur a butt load of roaming charges. So I put the phone in airplane mode (really it's a dive vacation, so who the hell would I want to talk to) and then turned on wifi. So whenever I was at the hotel I'd hook up to their wifi and get emails, chat (with GV) or anything else that used data.

I believe this will kill your normal messaging service as well because it should use the same radio as voice (not sure but pretty sure). I never got one text while down there.

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
You can keep wifi data on by turning phone to airplane mode then turning wifi back on.

The OP is wanting 3G data to stay on but not Voice.

Hmm, that wasn't very clear. Why would the 3G data connection be any more preferred than wifi (assuming there was wifi available)?

If it is 3G that the OP is looking for, I don't know of a way.

OP

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yea I'm looking for 3g to stay on. Its not important I was just looking to not have anything interfering while I do things in my browser. I don't have wifi or a real ISP where I live so I do almost everything via my droids browser cause I'm not a fan of tethering for long periods of time.

Sometimes while downloading things from rapidshare or similar sites your download gets cut short if a call or message comes threw. This gets frustrating when constantly downloading updated builds from Droid Concepts themers and ROM creators. I'm pretty sure dolphin or opera might be a work around for this but I was just wondering, Im comfortable with the original browser.

Thanks for all the ideas everyone, sorry I wasn't clear on my OP.