Bloatware back?

the5barrons

Reaction score
I'm sure this is in some form of the many bits of literature regarding not just the black glass theme...but I just realized right now that all the .apk's I spent time wiping, are back after installing the black glass theme.

Now the question is, is it worth it to change apk to bak or just delete them, cause in order to get to another update someday I'd have to put them back...but you'd think by then there will probably be an sbf for 2.2....right?

Delete or rename?

dbu

Reaction score
I'm sure this is in some form of the many bits of literature regarding not just the black glass theme...but I just realized right now that all the .apk's I spent time wiping, are back after installing the black glass theme.

Now the question is, is it worth it to change apk to bak or just delete them, cause in order to get to another update someday I'd have to put them back...but you'd think by then there will probably be an sbf for 2.2....right?

Delete or rename?

The reason they are back is probably because there were some themed apk's in the theme you applied. You can delete apps with root explorer just tread with caution.

OP
the5barrons

the5barrons

Reaction score
I had deleted a couple apps via Terminal Emulator and Titanium Backups delete function too. Before I deodexed and loaded BG i had pretty much all the bloat stripped from it. I'm going to cut it down again, I'm really just wondering if it's even worth it to rename?

SPerry

Reaction score
Delete or rename?

Titanium BackUp Freeze

I see all these post about removing bloat and all that, I froze the "bloat" on my D2 just so it doesn't eat resources or show up in the app drawer and I still have 6.2GB free even with all my other apps installed. So what is the great desire to remove \ delete stuff?

OP
the5barrons

the5barrons

Reaction score
Delete or rename?

Titanium BackUp Freeze

I see all these post about removing bloat and all that, I froze the "bloat" on my D2 just so it doesn't eat resources or show up in the app drawer and I still have 6.2GB free even with all my other apps installed. So what is the great desire to remove \ delete stuff?

Well, thinkk about it, if you're never gonna use it, and you're on the black glass theme anyways (meaning anything official coming down the pipe would mean you have to go back to official 2.2) so....why bother keeping it on the phone...that is unless you plan on using it later, to which you could rename it back or unfreeze it, right? The only reason I didn't freeze anything is because I don't have the paid version...and not because I'm cheap lol. Just downloaded the free version a long ways back and never thought to get the paid.

I guess there are just a few ways to skin a cat.