blank screen on droid

sullyjohnl

Reaction score
I have been having a problem when I make short calls. I place the call and put the phone to my ear and when the call is over and take the phone to end call the screen is blank. I have to move the keyboard open in order to see the screen . Is this a common problem or is my phone defective.

Thanks,
John

sir

Reaction score
like the iPhone, the device is supposed to "sense" that the phone is next to your ear and disable the display, but once removed it's supposed to enable the display. i personally don't have this problem, but it sounds like a software issue. i think others have also commented on this issue in the forums. i'd do a quick search and get a link for you to a post but i don't have time at the moment :)

jamsesh

Reaction score
@sullyjohnl, sir is right, this is being discussed extensively in another thread.

It seems to be a defective proximity sensor. Read through that other thread and make sure you're having the same problem, then go to the store and get it replaced! Remember, something like 10% of electronics are defective, so it's not that weird that a lot of us have this problem :)

Cheers