Blank home screen error

onebigbandgeek

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a Motorola Droid with 2.1. I have done a factory reset and everything on the phone is stock. I have searched many topics on this and found none that had any resolution more than just restarting the phone.

After viewing apps, making calls, or doing anything not on the home screen, when I press the home key to return to the home menu, all my icons and widgets are gone.

The background is still on the phone, and I can move between the 3 screens, which are all blank. I can still access the pullup menu with all of my applications and the applications run fine. I can make phone calls.

Powering off and on again fixes the issue, but it happens again at a random point after its turned back on. Might be 5 minutes, or a couple days. Doing more today than ever. I cant nail down a specific app or combination that makes it occur. I will keep trying.

Should I be contacting Verizon? I'm still under warranty and I've f-ed my usb jack up, so i'd love a new phone.

Thanks!

Jason

JimmyD

Reaction score
I would take it to a Verizon store and show them all the things you just mentioned. If you're sill under warranty, I would imagine you would receive a (new or refurbished) replacement phone.

OP
O

onebigbandgeek

Reaction score
Now just to get it to do it and make it to the store (watch now it wont do it for awhile...).

Would a refurb phone be better than my new one? I've been reading about messed up proximity sensors, etc...

Thanks for the quick response!

J

EquinnoxX

Reaction score
Funny, i noticed the same thing happening to mine a few days ago. It's only happened twice so far but both times I came out of a music app to go back to the home screen and there were no icons.

I did notice that if you wait a bit (minute or three), they will come back.