Black Unresponsive Screen while Bionic Phone is on

ssbon18

Reaction score
We bought 3 phones at Costco. 2 out of the 3 have gotten the black screen.

The phones seem to be working fully and notification light on. But no matter what you do, the screen stays black and won't turn on. Only solution is to pull the battery out and then works fine again. Its happened a hand full of times on 2 of the phones. 1 has an extended battery and 1 has a standard battery. The one that hasn't happened to yet (knock on wood) has a standard battery (although we just bought the other 2 phones extended batteries can't wait to try).

The only difference between the one that hasn't gotten the black screen and the 2 that have is, the brightness setting. The brightness is set to auto on the 2 with the problem. On the one working fine I have it set to just a tad lower than half the brightness.

Costco said I can take it back to swap for a new one but they are always out of stock so I can't do it. Besides that we love the phones so aren't planning on returning them. Not sure if its even worth returning if there will be a fix soon for this as it seems like its an issue on many phones ?

GuiltyBreak

Reaction score
This is happening to our X2 with 2.3 Have not found a resolution for this...Also happened to R2-D2 when it was on Froyo..nothing so far on 2.3 GB (knocks on wood)