Black Screen Of Death Continues on to Razr Maxx!!! What is going on Motorola!!!!!

monkey_man

Reaction score
My biggest fear taunts me again... when I thought Bionic would be my last stress out against Motorola product!!!!! This could be the end of Motorola for me! My brother's razr maxx got the BSOD today while he got great battery life left in the tank. I thought that this was a peculiar thing to happen to razr maxx, but it sadly reoccurred. I am not alone in this sadly as there are at least 2 different people having the same problem(via google search) as my brother had. He had to do Power button + vol.down in order to restart the phone. The phone is basic(non-rooted) and with the new updated .173 version. Horrible Horrible Motorola!!!! I wonder if there are some owners here that face similar issue, and wonder if there someone that actually have a focus group for this that I had with Bionic. Maybe a case such as antennagate needs to be repeated against Motorola for this so that better tested product be given to the public. I feel for him as I got that same issue with my Bionic and I do hope that it only happens this once.

mcsoul

Reaction score
What are the last 2 or three apps you installed? Auto-kill almost everything in your task manager.
Believe it or not I think Angry Birds in combination with the "Talk Soup" app was doing it to mine.
I looked at the task manager once and noticed that angry birds had about 150Mb of memory.
But since removing "Talk Soup" and adding auto-kill to most of my frequently used apps, I have
been golden.

OP
M

monkey_man

Reaction score
The same paranoia I had with many other things when I encounter this problem with my Bionic :blink: (first time happening since moving out of 3G to 4G LTE) ... sadly that wasn't the case. In addition, my brother's phone build date from the about phone section is (Wed Dec 28 16:48). I want to put it out there to see any different variables for people that having same problem and those that don't. I went bonkers with my Bionic that I paid brand new phone for a refurb one that at least works tho (fifth time believe it or not). If it works it works and nothing to do with applications, caches, excluding important systems, thumbnails, etc. Believe you me there are many possibilities/paranoia created just to find a resolution. I did the same exact thing to all the Bionics I had with the fifth one that never died on me. The differences about the fifth phone compared to the last four were new sim card and new battery batch. I fear just like the Bionic that the problem is with defective battery and the sad thing now is that razr has fixed battery. I am glad you seem to find the trouble, and how long since the last blank screen that you had? My defective Bionics' BSODs happens in the range of 4 days to a week and a half. I really do hope that this is a one time thing.

Snow02

Reaction score
Your razr really crashed to a blue screen? :-/

OP
M

monkey_man

Reaction score
:D Thanks for that bit of cheery response snow02! Blue tinted screen protector under the glimmer of the sun :icon_ lala:. Sadly it just like a turned off phone like running out of juice.

OP
M

monkey_man

Reaction score
CRAPPPPPPOOOLLAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!! :frown: :frown: :frown: My own Razr Maxx did the same thing that happened to my brother's phone!!!! Oh man my headache!!!! I wonder if I should hold on to my refurb bionic than this piece of junk! Not Good Motorola ... Not Good!!!!!!

P.S: My phone locked up after I used slackers, Map, and Camera..... Man this is not Kool! build date Week 5/2012. I know am not alone just the epidemic still a small pool... it will increase in the next few months!

H3Dude

Reaction score
P.S: My phone locked up after I used slackers, Map, and Camera..... Man this is not Kool! build date Week 5/2012.

Looks like your phone is back from the future.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

swallman

Reaction score
I'm thinking its an app that you have installed that is causing it (since it's so consistent). Haven't had any kinds of troubles on my Razr like that...

OP
M

monkey_man

Reaction score
I wonder if this is caused by ADW Launcher :(. It's been almost a week that my brother's phone haven't encounter this issue after he removed ADW, yet he installed every other apps.

jory121

Reaction score
My razr did indeed get this black screen of death....just poof! No more screen

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
M

monkey_man

Reaction score
My main concern is the battery. My Bionic had this problem and with a change of battery (newer release batch as I checked); there is no more unnecessary rebooting. The thing is this razr phone has a fixed battery :blink:

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
Have had my bionic since launch day and it's been a perfect device since 901 back in December. And rebooting from a bsod isn't that big of a deal, I had to force reboot on my iphone 3gs a buncha times. The only app that causes me any trouble anymore is gta3.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
If nothing else just take it to Verizon! Out of the four bionics I got on release day I've had to replace only one under warranty because the sim reader failed or something and I couldn't get 4g on it. Verizon didn't have a problem replacing it for me.
The new one is good and the first three are still stable as the great pyramids!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
M

monkey_man

Reaction score
Good for you that your Droid Bionic works since the day it launched! :biggrin: I bought my Bionic for $299 on its launch day too... yay!!!! What a fast phone compared to my OG Droid! My dream phone since its delayed date of CES! But paying $300 with 2year contracts, you should expect a working phone out of the box! I had many exchanges where the 5th REFURB phone actually works. In a busy business day where you expect many important calls and your phone dead where all calls automatically go to voicemail, what a nice set of reddened ears I had! So yeah.. rebooting part of the bsod is seriously no big deal if the phone in its slow mode or if I overused my phone and in my knowledge that my phone needs a reboot to make it usable again.

OP
M

monkey_man

Reaction score
The thing is that this Maxx isn't as chronic as my Bionic. It is out of its 14 days warranty and the phone is rooted! I am out of luck till 2013, at least am holding on a brand new phone :D