Why I'm going to "switch" rather than continue to fight

rpm217

Reaction score
So, I've had my RAZR for a little more than a year, it was a gift from my Nephew. Went to class at Verizon, learned how to use it well enough, no problems, other than the occasional frozen screen, cured by the reboot process. Last week I noticed I wasn't going to 4G, just 3G. Spent sometime today trying a few updates, resets, went to the Motorola website, dealt with an online person, tried all their remedies. Decided to go to the Verizon store, see if they had any ideas. The tech went through all of the same manuevers that I had done earlier, finally said that replacing the sim card would fix it. It didn't. His conclusion, the phone was toast, replace it. I get back to my office, and I had an email from Motorola. Giving me a recap of what we had done, and a phone number to bring it to the next level. Well, if they were willing to try, I'd go for it. I now have a guy on the phone with me for 20 minutes, he concludes that there's nothing he can do, so we will go from "level 2" to level 3, he'd transfer my call, just hold on. No music, not message encouraging me to hold, but after waiting another 20 minutes, I conference in the number again, get another person on the phone, who now tells me that the previous rep, should have taken my # and informed me that a level 3 person would call me, that I should never have been told to hold. I explain to him that he needed to go off the script, and decide how to take care of the situation. He could get his manager on the phone, or transfer me directly to a level 3 rep. He kept going back on script, and I tried to inform him that the only thing that would work, would be to elevate this to the next level now, or the Motorola franchise was over in my book. Yes I just got my wife the Droid 4 a couple of months ago, but I'd had it. He stayed on script and said nothing more he could do, I said happy new year and hung up the phone. Decided I'd consult with my nephew (pretty high up at Verizon) to see his thoughts on what I should replace it with. My firm will give me access to business email system, only on Iphone, or BB, or should I forgo the email, and get the Samsung Galaxy 3? His thoughts were that I was comfortable with the Droid platform, but if I wanted the email benefit, go with Apple. Had a dinner in NYC with friends, got there a little early, so I stopped by a preferred Verizon retailer (not a company owned store) to see if I could get the phone now. No problem, until they tried to download all my pictures, contacts, data, etc, it seems my phone would not communicate through their device. I will try the Verizon company store tomorrow, see if they can have success, RAZR/Motorola, you're history, I've had it with you.
Oh, the level 2 jerk, did tell me that according to Motorola, my phone was still under warranty, and I could send it back to them for repair, I said and what should I do in the meantime........he had no answer!!!!
So, good bye RAZR, if I have to deal with Motorola again in life, it'll be too soon!!!!

wcjeep

Reaction score
I left the Moto arena some time ago. They released the Maxx right after the Christmas season last year. Totally screwed those that had just upgraded. The Razr wasn't known for camera performance. They recently screwed a bunch of people that were promised ICS. It will take time for the new management to bring their vision to market.

The Stig 04

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P (VZ) & S7 Edge (TMO)
So, I've had my RAZR for a little more than a year, it was a gift from my Nephew. Went to class at Verizon, learned how to use it well enough, no problems, other than the occasional frozen screen, cured by the reboot process. Last week I noticed I wasn't going to 4G, just 3G. Spent sometime today trying a few updates, resets, went to the Motorola website, dealt with an online person, tried all their remedies. Decided to go to the Verizon store, see if they had any ideas. The tech went through all of the same manuevers that I had done earlier, finally said that replacing the sim card would fix it. It didn't. His conclusion, the phone was toast, replace it. I get back to my office, and I had an email from Motorola. Giving me a recap of what we had done, and a phone number to bring it to the next level. Well, if they were willing to try, I'd go for it. I now have a guy on the phone with me for 20 minutes, he concludes that there's nothing he can do, so we will go from "level 2" to level 3, he'd transfer my call, just hold on. No music, not message encouraging me to hold, but after waiting another 20 minutes, I conference in the number again, get another person on the phone, who now tells me that the previous rep, should have taken my # and informed me that a level 3 person would call me, that I should never have been told to hold. I explain to him that he needed to go off the script, and decide how to take care of the situation. He could get his manager on the phone, or transfer me directly to a level 3 rep. He kept going back on script, and I tried to inform him that the only thing that would work, would be to elevate this to the next level now, or the Motorola franchise was over in my book. Yes I just got my wife the Droid 4 a couple of months ago, but I'd had it. He stayed on script and said nothing more he could do, I said happy new year and hung up the phone. Decided I'd consult with my nephew (pretty high up at Verizon) to see his thoughts on what I should replace it with. My firm will give me access to business email system, only on Iphone, or BB, or should I forgo the email, and get the Samsung Galaxy 3? His thoughts were that I was comfortable with the Droid platform, but if I wanted the email benefit, go with Apple. Had a dinner in NYC with friends, got there a little early, so I stopped by a preferred Verizon retailer (not a company owned store) to see if I could get the phone now. No problem, until they tried to download all my pictures, contacts, data, etc, it seems my phone would not communicate through their device. I will try the Verizon company store tomorrow, see if they can have success, RAZR/Motorola, you're history, I've had it with you.
Oh, the level 2 jerk, did tell me that according to Motorola, my phone was still under warranty, and I could send it back to them for repair, I said and what should I do in the meantime........he had no answer!!!!
So, good bye RAZR, if I have to deal with Motorola again in life, it'll be too soon!!!!

That's weird about the repair part. I thought they send you a replacement phone within two days and you keep your phone till it arrives. Or is that just if you have the insurance?

OP
R

rpm217

Reaction score
That's weird about the repair part. I thought they send you a replacement phone within two days and you keep your phone till it arrives. Or is that just if you have the insurance?
Maybe if you have the insurance, but even 2 days without a functioning phone isn't acceptable. I did get the I-5, now I have to manually put in the calendar, and contact home addresses that didn't transfer over. Also, all the photo's that I'd want to keep on the phone, I have to download to my laptop and than either email them to myself, or put them on another way, that I haven't quite figured out yet!! I do hate the new learning curve. There are certain things I do like on the droid operating system, that were easier, but there are other things on the IOS that are pretty cool. I do now have my work email on the phone, and cannot do that on the droids.