Black on Black WeatherBug fix for Zenito

tjkriegel

Reaction score
Don't know if anyone else could use this but when I switched to Zenito I was having a black on black issue in the notification dropdown with my WeatherBug free edition. As I cannot live without my WeatherBug, I patched it up and figured I would post it in case anyone else needed it.

*Installation instructions*

-Uninstall WeatherBug either from settings/applications or the market
-Download WeatherBug.zip
-Change zip to apk
-Install

**This is the free edition of WeatherBug, not WeatherBug Elite**

Attachments

• WeatherBug.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 219

frostthejack

Reaction score
You don't have to patch you can change in setting of weather bug.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
T

tjkriegel

Reaction score
I pulled the apk and used apk manager to decompile. There are 2 folders named layout-v3 and layout-v4 both containing xmls called notification_expanded_layout.xml.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<RelativeLayout android:id="@id/LinearLayout01" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent"
xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android">
<RelativeLayout android:id="@id/RelativeLayout02" android:layout_width="55.0dip" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_alignParentTop="true">
<ImageView android:id="@id/NotificationForecastImageView" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:src="@drawable/cond045" />
<TextView android:textColor="#ff000000" android:id="@id/NotificationTemperature" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_marginLeft="12.0dip" android:layout_marginTop="2.0dip" android:text="72" android:layout_below="@id/NotificationForecastImageView" android:layout_alignParentLeft="true" />
</RelativeLayout>
<RelativeLayout android:id="@id/RelativeLayout03" android:layout_width="75.0dip" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_alignParentRight="true">
<TextView android:textColor="#ff000000" android:id="@id/NotificationTimeStamp" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_marginTop="5.0dip" android:layout_marginBottom="20.0dip" android:text="10:00" android:layout_alignParentRight="true" />
<TextView android:textColor="#ff000000" android:id="@id/NotificationHiLo" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:text="75/49" android:layout_below="@id/NotificationTimeStamp" android:layout_alignParentRight="true" />
</RelativeLayout>
<RelativeLayout android:gravity="center_horizontal" android:id="@id/RelativeLayout01" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_marginLeft="8.0dip" android:layout_marginTop="5.0dip" android:layout_marginRight="8.0dip" android:layout_toLeftOf="@id/RelativeLayout03" android:layout_toRightOf="@id/RelativeLayout02">
<TextView android:textSize="17.0dip" android:textColor="#ff000000" android:ellipsize="end" android:id="@id/NotificationLocationName" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_marginBottom="15.0dip" android:text="Germantown, MD" android:singleLine="true" android:layout_centerHorizontal="true" />
<TextView android:textColor="#ff000000" android:ellipsize="end" android:id="@id/NotificationForecastTextView" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:text="Partly Sunny" android:singleLine="true" android:layout_below="@id/NotificationLocationName" android:layout_centerHorizontal="true" />
</RelativeLayout>
</RelativeLayout>

Edit the 5 instances where it says textColor="#ff000000" which is black to textColor="ffffffff" for white. Do this for the xmls in both of the folders.

Recompile and resign with apk manager and you now have a weatherbug elite with white text in the notification dropdown.

As stated before I do not own WeatherBug Elite and posting of paid apps is not allowed on this forum so I cannot make this available to download from this thread. If you have any questions feel free to pm me!