Bionic? Why bother.

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score

sgtguthrie

Reaction score
Longevity? Not many devs are going to jump at another Moto whereas the TB was adopted by a great number. Good luck waiting on leaks of OTA's; that's not for me.

Moto already said that devices coming out in the second half will be unlockable though.

Sent from my Transformer

Actually they said they'll be unlockable IF the carrier allows it. I wouldn't hold your breath on that one! I don't think vzw will want them to be...but we'll see.

sent via rooted THUNDERBOLT with Tapatalk

Reaction score
Moto is no worse than any other manuf. with ota's. Ive run stock, i root and rom/theme, and o/c. If it comes down to a preference to htc over moto then the arguement is invalid. Everyone will have their preferences, but hardware specs dont lie. I still would have taken the etna specs over the bolt, the new hardware will just be a little bonus for having to wait.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Errrrnt wrong.

If that is the case then why are you pushing that the bionic isn't worth it, etc...?

I should have said stop..... hammer-time.

I said I didn't think it would have longevity. Our definitions of that are different since you don't mod

This is true. There was a thread about future proof phones on another forum. Some ppl felt the Fascinate was more future proof than the Droid X 1 last year, based mainly on the hardware.

Me, its like this: software limitations are easier to overcome than hardware ones. The biggest pros for the Inc. vs. the DX1 were software ones. The biggest pros for the DX1 vs. the Inc. were hardware ones. It all depends on how you look at it as far as longevity.

Apollox1965

Reaction score
slightly better specs aren't near worth waiting 4 to 5 months for a device that started with so many problems moto had scrap it, and even more its very likely that the tirered plans will start at the same time as the release of the bionic and believe me i used easily 10 gigs in just three weeks streaming video with the new HBO GO app and HD video from youtube, i cant imagine what vz will charge for that. So your right its a matter of preference but i'd rather have a excellent Tbolt now than get a untested bionic with a huge phone bill every month

gsdreams

Reaction score
slightly better specs aren't near worth waiting 4 to 5 months for a device that started with so many problems moto had scrap it, and even more its very likely that the tirered plans will start at the same time as the release of the bionic and believe me i used easily 10 gigs in just three weeks streaming video with the new HBO GO app and HD video from youtube, i cant imagine what vz will charge for that. So your right its a matter of preference but i'd rather have a excellent Tbolt now than get a untested bionic with a huge phone bill every month

Please point me to anything that says the redesign was due to problems with the device. I would love to see it.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Import roller

Reaction score
Well, I went to verizon to test out the tb and charge to decide if uv want to wait for the bionic, or just get one of them, and I think all things considered, the charge is probably going to win my vote

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

gsdreams

Reaction score

All of that was speculation and none of it founded. All of them were stating the bionic was cancelled with no announcement from Motorola, and when it did come it was not cancelled so bluntly I question all rumors and tend to go off of carriers and manufaturers anymore

Apollox1965

Reaction score
listen its pure common sense, you dont go to the biggest electronic show of the year "ces 2011" and promote and advertise a 4g dual core flagship phone for q2

and soon before its time to release say O we're going to delay another 4 to 5 months cause we want to ad a couple of enhancements

thats just corporate BS for the design is flawed we're going with one of our other designs the origingal design was a tegra 2 cpu the targa/bionic will have something else

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Agree rumors are rumors, and increasingly unreliable.

My upgrade isn't for 3-4 months, so I'm not sweating a phone being delayed. If Moto wants to bump the ram and maybe add webtop (and unlock the bootloader, *wink*wink) I say bravo!

If there is a problem with the CPU and they have to swap that out, then I'm going to again salute them for taking the right approach. More than likely they learned a quick lesson from the Xoom debacle.

gsdreams

Reaction score
listen its pure common sense, you dont go to the biggest electronic show of the year "ces 2011" and promote and advertise a 4g dual core flagship phone for q2

and soon before its time to release say O we're going to delay another 4 to 5 months cause we want to ad a couple of enhancements

thats just corporate BS for the design is flawed we're going with one of our other designs the origingal design was a tegra 2 cpu the targa/bionic will have something else

Do you pay attention to the electronics industry or just cell phones?

Do you realize how many times something like this has happened for any number of reasons over the last 10 years?

A company previews something, then realize they want to tweak this or that and suddenly that 3 months turns in to 6 or 12 months before anyone sees it.

Apollox1965

Reaction score
yes i do pay attention, and i,ve never seen something advertised as a flagship device then last minute redesign it. remember its just not being tweak it was scrapped, and the targa design was push up to replace it

gsdreams

Reaction score
yes i do pay attention, and i,ve never seen something advertised as a flagship device then last minute redesign it. remember its just not being tweak it was scrapped, and the targa design was push up to replace it

I have seen this happen more than once.

Also, no one knows if the design was scrapped or what happened until it actually is released.

Take the DX2 that was supposed to have a front facing camera at one point due to rumors. Or other phones that get all hyped up on rumors to not be like the rumors.