Bionic? Why bother.

gsdreams

Reaction score
Thank god... I cant wait. Those stereotypical bolt owners are always trying to justify their purchase whilst shadowing the true reason of their inability to hold off for the better product

what makes you think the bionic will be so superior to the Tbolt the first bionic failed and the the second one still has problems. the Tbolt is a solid phone with root and a little tweaking runs like a champ, i was gonna wait for the bionic but theres to many problems with it O BTW enjoy your bionic with a tiered plan

Where did you read that either the previous incarnation or current incarnation of the Bionic had problems? For all we know they redesigned it to get more battery life, add gb, etc... not because of problems.

As far as any problems with either all I have read is speculation with no facts to back it up.

And as for the TB not having problems, that is wrong. You "had" to root your phone to get it functioning right, as most people do. A standard, non-rooted, TB has issues, some of them major. You shouldn't have to root your phone to make it work.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

therock

Reaction score
I think we have some underling grudge, personal hurt feelings or envy issues going on here with statements like, "O BTW enjoy your bionic with a tiered plan" and "what makes you think the bionic will be so superior to the Tbolt ?.

Heh! Anytime they say "You people".

What did someone here do to this guy?

Apollox1965

Reaction score
Didn't have to root the TBolt to make it work just makes it better, I rooted and tweak my original Droid to make it better. The bionic was scrapped and had to be redesigned do your research

therock

Reaction score
Didn't have to root the TBolt to make it work just makes it better, I rooted and tweak my original Droid to make it better. The bionic was scrapped and had to be redesigned do your research

It would be great if you could share your research on this inside info no body else has as to why it was delayed.

I'm glad you like your T-bolt. I plan on comparing the two up close upon the Bionic's arrival.

gsdreams

Reaction score

Of all the TBolt users I deal with on a daily basis, including my sister, most of them are happy with there phones even though they have issues with battery life and other things. They just deal with it oblivious to the fact other phones don't have the same issues.

As for the redesign of the Bionic "NOWHERE" does it say it was because the original design had problems. Anywhere it says that is speculation with no fact.

Speculation on the redesign has swung from problems with the phone to the fact it was too much like the current 4G phones coming out. The fact is "NO ONE" except Motorola knows the real reason.

Reaction score
What did someone here do to this guy?

Thank god... I cant wait. Those stereotypical bolt owners are always trying to justify their purchase whilst shadowing the true reason of their inability to hold off for the better product

what makes you think the bionic will be so superior to the Tbolt the first bionic failed and the the second one still has problems. the Tbolt is a solid phone with root and a little tweaking runs like a champ, i was gonna wait for the bionic but theres to many problems with it O BTW enjoy your bionic with a tiered plan

Ill take credit for his outrage, but point to my original post and submit his response as "exhibit A". Some bolt owners are tightly wound. I loosely speculate its tied to the push to lock in 4g before they lose it, or perhaps just impatience gets the best of them, but if someone tells me in a matter or months there'll be a dual core, tuned up dd2 ram, and all the other hardware bonuses that come with it (qhd, cameras, etc) ill wait.

I understand the frustration and angst in defending your handset, but please make no mistake, every phone has flaws from your bolt to the DB coming out. The bottom line is whose handset will be able to have greater longevity in the current exponentially increasing mobile tech market. For this I tip my hand to the Bionic, and await patiently. = )

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
.....The bottom line is whose handset will be able to have greater longevity in the current exponentially increasing mobile tech market. For this I tip my hand to the Bionic, and await patiently.

Longevity? Not many devs are going to jump at another Moto whereas the TB was adopted by a great number. Good luck waiting on leaks of OTA's; that's not for me.

Last edited:

Apollox1965

Reaction score
There is no frustration I could have returned my bolt before the 14 days was up I was very satisfied with its performance. As far as standing to the test of time neither the bolt or bionic will do that with tegra 3 quad cores coming in q1 2012

gsdreams

Reaction score
.....The bottom line is whose handset will be able to have greater longevity in the current exponentially increasing mobile tech market. For this I tip my hand to the Bionic, and await patiently.

Longevity? Not many devs are going to jump at another Moto whereas the TB was adopted by a great number. Good luck waiting on leaks of OTA's; that's not for me.

I don't run roms. As a matter of fact only a small number of users run roms and only a slightly larger number root there phones so the dev argument doesn't have much merit for probably 90% our more of android phone users.

gsdreams

Reaction score
There is no frustration I could have returned my bolt before the 14 days was up I was very satisfied with its performance. As far as standing to the test of time neither the bolt or bionic will do that with tegra 3 quad cores coming in q1 2012

Just because a quad core is coming does not mean the tb our thunderbolt will be obsolete. A product becomes obsolete when it starts listing functionality. Take the OG droid as an example. Great phone but a low enough processor and ram its becoming obsolete.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score

Moto already said that devices coming out in the second half will be unlockable though.

Sent from my Transformer

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score

I don't run roms. As a matter of fact only a small number of users run roms and only a slightly larger number root there phones so the dev argument doesn't have much merit for probably 90% our more of android phone users.

Well then good luck with OTA's.

Moto already said that devices coming out in the second half will be unlockable though.

Sent from my Transformer

I saw where they said they *may but I wouldn't hold my breath.

gsdreams

Reaction score
Well then good luck with OTA's.
Motorola has a better track record for releasing otas then Samsung or LG and I would say equal or possibly better than HTC so what would I have to worry about?

Truthfully you are just attacking those of us who prefer Motorola devices and would rather wait for the Bionic than jump in to 4G with single core phones that are currently the test bed for 4G.