Bionic vs Thunderbolt... questions?

fishfood

Reaction score
I'm reading all of these posts about the TB being "old tech" and the Bionic is so much more high and mighty than the TB, so, naturally, as a relatively tech-challenged person, I have a few questions.

1. Which device has the better display? QHD for the Bionic and ... "WVGA TFT capacitive touch screen" for the TB. Which is better?

2. Dual core (Bionic) vs single core (TB)... what's the difference?

3. Locked vs unlocked bootloader? The TB supposedly will have an unlocked bootloader and the Bionic will not... ?

It would appear that the TB has more RAM (768 vs 512 for the Bionic.) Will TB have HTML 5 and Flash support like the Bionic? And last but not least, will the TB have HD-quality video recording capabilities like the Bionic?

I realize that all of this info may not even be available to the public yet, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who is trying to decide between these two phones, and this info may be of some help to us! Thanks to all who have input!!

T

tavenger5

I'm reading all of these posts about the TB being "old tech" and the Bionic is so much more high and mighty than the TB, so, naturally, as a relatively tech-challenged person, I have a few questions.

1. Which device has the better display? QHD for the Bionic and ... "WVGA TFT capacitive touch screen" for the TB. Which is better?

2. Dual core (Bionic) vs single core (TB)... what's the difference?

3. Locked vs unlocked bootloader? The TB supposedly will have an unlocked bootloader and the Bionic will not... ?

It would appear that the TB has more RAM (768 vs 512 for the Bionic.) Will TB have HTML 5 and Flash support like the Bionic? And last but not least, will the TB have HD-quality video recording capabilities like the Bionic?

I realize that all of this info may not even be available to the public yet, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who is trying to decide between these two phones, and this info may be of some help to us! Thanks to all who have input!!

I looked at both phones at CES. I'll try to answer your questions ...

1. It was honestly hard to tell - the bionic, I believe, had the screen dimmed a bit when I was looking at it. The Samsung 4g LTE really stood out.

2. Basically the bionic has another core to process things. I was told there would be some software enhancements that would take advantage of the second core.

3. The bionic didn't have the final software loaded on it, so it could go either way.

Some more info and pics I took here: HTC Thunderbolt vs Samsung 4G LTE vs LG Revolution vs Motorola Droid Bionic

Last edited by a moderator: