upgrading from droid2 to??? Please input

mdroid2g

Reaction score
I have had my Verizon droid 2 since mid Dec and so far I do like it but I am not amazed and get frustrated at its slow speeds online and watching youtube type video.

I got all excited about the thunderbolt and went to get it, but then heard about the Bionic release date getting closer and closer now I'm not sure which way to go.

Thunderbolt or Bionic??? That is the question. Is there another contender I should consider? I do want a gigantic screen and super fast browsing and videos dont care if apps load slow.

Thunderbolt has 1Ghz processor but Bionic has dual core 1Ghz and nvidia.

4G LTE isnt a huge issue for me as it will not be here for months anyway.

I just need help deciding. I figure either should be better than the Droid2 but are all the issues with the TB really as bad as Ive read?

Thanks

LocalFiveOh

Reaction score
1 vote for tbolt. I came from a d1 and never looked back. Love the screen, watching videos is awesome. I can't compare it to a bionic but I'm definitely happy with my purchase.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

bendystrawboy

Reaction score
I have had my Verizon droid 2 since mid Dec and so far I do like it but I am not amazed and get frustrated at its slow speeds online and watching youtube type video.

Thanks

kind of a contradiction, LTE is the only thing that's going to speed up your browsing, sure processing power will help render pages faster, but if your complaint is bandwidth then lte is your answer.

OP
mdroid2g

mdroid2g

Reaction score
Wow, thanks for your input. that was fast.

So have you experienced any of the issues bound to the BOLT yet?

I have been lurking at T-bolt forum and its mostly negative about its own phone???

Anyone else.

OP
mdroid2g

mdroid2g

Reaction score

Thanks

kind of a contradiction, LTE is the only thing that's going to speed up your browsing, sure processing power will help render pages faster, but if your complaint is bandwidth then lte is your answer.

Ya I know, but at this time Im looking at using 3G service either way I go, I live in the sticks 1.5 hrs from Reno NV, we are behind the times here and overlooked alot and will not see LTE until at least August, maybe later.
We dont even have a verizon store here so figure 4G is a ways away.