Bionic Skype Video chat not working?

yiannis

Reaction score
This guy has had the Bionic for a week and he hasn't been able to get Skype videochat to work with the Bionic.

The Droid Bionic does support Netflix video streaming, but video calling inside the Skype app did not work in my tests. Skype has gradually been supporting video calling on Android-based phones, so expect the Bionic to see that feature through a software update soon.

Mark W. Smith: Droid Bionic smartphone from Verizon finally lands — and it's a winner | Detroit Free Press | freep.com asked bworley at android-central (he had a 1000 post page with videos from youtube of his bionic that he took down last night) and he said that google videochat works but that he had not tried Skype.

wseyller

Reaction score
Its Google talk also a video chat app. I think I read that someone used google talk and it worked great. I've also though that skype software is crap. They probably have to update it to make it compatible.

ConqSoft

Reaction score
That's Skype's issue, not the Bionic's. They'll need to push out an update.

anuraj1

Reaction score
You have to enable video in Skype settings, it is only on by default for a small list of phones.

OP
Y

yiannis

Reaction score
Its Google talk also a video chat app. I think I read that someone used google talk and it worked great. I've also though that skype software is crap. They probably have to update it to make it compatible.

Searching the android market with my 2.3.4 D1, I did not find google talk as an app. Or is it the same as google voice?

OP
Y

yiannis

Reaction score
You have to enable video in Skype settings, it is only on by default for a small list of phones.

Do you know if that setting is only on the hacked version or also the one from the market?

OP
Y

yiannis

Reaction score

I emailed the author linking him to this thread, I hope he replies.

OP
Y

yiannis

Reaction score
Its Google talk also a video chat app.

I need to make my 70 yo dad an account in Greece and google verification requires a phone number. When I give them my phone number (the one linked to my gmail that's linked to my cell phone, the verification is messed up.

bronskrat

Reaction score
Well, that review didn't help my anticipation of tomorrow... :p dancedroid

Yeah, doesn't work on my Bionic. You can switch between the front and back cameras, but nothing. I do see the other person though. All anyone sees of me is a black box.