Bionic Skype Video chat not working?

alanchris

Reaction score
Google Talk

Use Google Talk. Its already installed and works great. Just video chatted with the wife on her Bionic.

docusync

Reaction score
Same crap here... I can see others video but mine is just a black rectangle. Hopefully they will fix it soon if we all start complaining :)

docusync

Reaction score
plenty of people have
go into skype options and enable video chat

I did it of course, otherwise videochat won't work at all, but I have same issue as most of people in this thread. How did you get it working? What Skype version are you using?
BTW Google Talk works perfectly.

OP
Y

yiannis

Reaction score
I did it of course, otherwise videochat won't work at all, but I have same issue as most of people in this thread. How did you get it working? What Skype version are you using?
BTW Google Talk works perfectly.

Have you tried phone to PC/Mac ? Or is it just phone to phone?

brkshr

Reaction score
I've heard that 'skype mobile on verizon' doesnt work, but the regular 'skype' does. Both are available in the market

Last edited:

docusync

Reaction score
I've heard that 'skype mobile on verizon' doesnt work, but the regular 'skype' does. Both are available in the market
That's correct, Skype Mobile won't even run, but they are promising to release an updated version soon. The regular Skype is working but very BUGGY.

Bionica

Reaction score
Same result as you guys:

Skype version 2.1.0.46 installed
This is the regular NON-Verizon version of Skype
"Enable video calling" is checked in the Skype settings
Video calls using front or rear camera still do not work. Video is only displayed from the other user's camera.
Tested with bionic to PC laptop call and bionic to droid charge call and had the same result on both.

If anyone has it working on the droid bionic please let us know exactly what you did to get it working. Thank you!

Chief Wahoo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
+1 not sure I care about not seeing myself in that little black box, but when I am away the family would like to actually see me (for some reason) :p.

gazan1204

Reaction score
I got mine worked flawlessly here is how:
1. Uninstall any and every version of skype on your phone.
2. Download and install the modded version of skype from here (Credit to theos0o) : xda-developers - View Single Post - Skype 2.1.0.46 (v11) / fixes, extra features & more!
3. Sign in to your skype and hit the menu softkey then settings and tick the "Enable video calling" box. Your skype should log out and sign in again.
4. Once your signed in again and on the main page hit menu again and now to advanced settings.
5. Checkmark the option that says "Use valid preview surface"
6. Back out of there and enjoy.