Bionic Skype Video chat not working?

PaulaZ

Reaction score
I have downloaded Skype, and when I log in it tells me to re-install it, so the program uninstalls itself, then I have to try and re-install. . . Frustrating :(

jlittlec5

Reaction score
I got mine worked flawlessly here is how:
1. Uninstall any and every version of skype on your phone.
2. Download and install the modded version of skype from here (Credit to theos0o) : xda-developers - View Single Post - Skype 2.1.0.46 (v11) / fixes, extra features & more!
3. Sign in to your skype and hit the menu softkey then settings and tick the "Enable video calling" box. Your skype should log out and sign in again.
4. Once your signed in again and on the main page hit menu again and now to advanced settings.
5. Checkmark the option that says "Use valid preview surface"
6. Back out of there and enjoy.

Thanks, that worked.

PaulaZ

Reaction score
Ya thats not going to work, follow my post from the previous page and you should be set
"Download unsuccessful" :( I don't know what is wrong, I should just be able to click that link and it will install, correct? Please forgive me, I have no idea what I am doing. . .

billyk

Reaction score
THANK YOU GUYZ...

Skype works perfectly on the Bionic. Very cool.

OP
Y

yiannis

Reaction score
Still doesn't work. I think I have issues. . .

Go to advanced setting and enable everything that says to enable if you have a black screen. Only then it works. Resolution is limited to 340x240 by the server, but still an interesting concept.

Thanks to Theos and those who posted the link here.

BePrepared

Reaction score
I got mine worked flawlessly here is how:
1. Uninstall any and every version of skype on your phone.
2. Download and install the modded version of skype from here (Credit to theos0o) : xda-developers - View Single Post - Skype 2.1.0.46 (v11) / fixes, extra features & more!
3. Sign in to your skype and hit the menu softkey then settings and tick the "Enable video calling" box. Your skype should log out and sign in again.
4. Once your signed in again and on the main page hit menu again and now to advanced settings.
5. Checkmark the option that says "Use valid preview surface"
6. Back out of there and enjoy.

After checking the box that says "Use valid preview surface" in the advanced settings, mine works fine now. I have no idea what that means, but it worked for me.

Thanks for the link.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Droid Xtasy

Reaction score
Hello all, Just FYI, not sure if anyone noticed but when you sign into skype on your droid bionic, it doesn't show the bionic as one of the models that skype works on, it also says that if you are running something higher than android 2.2 on "one of the eligible devices listed" you can 'enable video calling' in the settings. I think this is just one of those things we have to wait for skype to catch up on. I have tried phone to phone, phone to pc, phone to ipad, etc, nothing works, all I see is a little black box and so does the person to whom I am talking.

smb126

Reaction score
Ok so I did everything that you guys suggested on here and the problem I am now having is that I can start the call and video starts but after about 5 seconds the video from the phone cam freezes both in my screen and the screen of the person I am talking to. The video of the other person continues fine and we can hear each other but all they see is a still frozen pic. I have tried in different locations on different wifi networks as well as on the 4g only so I don't think it's a network speed issue. Any suggestions?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums