Help with skype VIDEO on Incredible 2

1android

Reaction score
I have a thunderbolt and can video chat no problem. My brother just got the incredible 2 and signed up for the skype mobile. he can get phone CALLS, but shows no option for video calling. I looked up on skype and it says that skype video is compatible with the incredible 2. Is that correct? In the research I was able to find, some people were saying they couldn't do video chat yet and were told to use a different android app to do it. didn't know if that info was old and since then skype has made it work.

I'm specifically looking to see if it is compatible with skype at this point.

If it is possible, why am I only seeing an option for him to make/receive phone calls and no option for video?

thanks in advance

stevewest87

Reaction score
Dinc2 isn't 4G use fring instead

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

OP
1android

1android

Reaction score
I turn off 4g on my TB and use 3g and it works just fine with skype. like I said above I'm looking to see if the inc2 is compatible with skype for video chat.

I know the inc2 isn't 4g, thanks for pointing that out. Thanks also for pointing me in the direction of fringe when I am specifically asking about a particular application. You've been most helpful!

Last edited:

anguish

Reaction score
AFAIK, no version of Skype available for the DINC2 supports video chat. That's not to say it isn't coming, but it doesn't exist yet that I'm aware of.

OP
1android

1android

Reaction score
Ok that's what I was looking for. thank you

stevewest87

Reaction score
I was simply pointing you in the direction of video chat that works

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

anguish

Reaction score
Makes me wonder if the TB is using a custom version of the Skype client or something.

chipmeister

Reaction score
Wait....you're saying you can switch off the 4g and use 3g on the Thunderbolt? I've been told by Verizon, and seen on a number of review sites, that that is not possible, and that that is the reason the thing has battery usage issues. Hmmmmm.

DROID11

Reaction score
Did Skype release an official apk for the tbolt that supports video? Or is it the leaked one you're referring to?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

chipmeister

Reaction score
OK, disregard what I said. After I read your post, I did a little further research on Cnet (where I saw it was not possible) and discovered they also have a video showing how to do it so I guess they need to sync that up. But I've been educated.

cali_redd

Reaction score
OK, disregard what I said. After I read your post, I did a little further research on Cnet (where I saw it was not possible) and discovered they also have a video showing how to do it so I guess they need to sync that up. But I've been educated.

Do you happen to know where the vid is bc I'm buying a TB and I would like to know how to turn off 4g...thanks

ezrider55

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG V30
Skype Works

I got the blue skype ( not mobile ) from the market for my dinc 2. It works. It has a video check box in settings.dancedroid