Bionic owners switching to nexus...is the switch worth it?

rdgxray

Reaction score
I have the bionic now and am considering jumping to nexus. Those who have done this from bionic ....how do you feel? Good points/bad points? Overall happy with the decision? My problems with bionic are data drops although recent update helped. The screen...occasionally it just looks weird to me. Any info would help me decide to move to nexus or stick with bionic.

Reaction score
Just did It, so far loving it.
Miss Zumocast though

If you got the bionic from Costco, you can scheme your way into one

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Last edited:

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I got Verizon to swap them out. The Galaxy Nexus is the best phone on the market including the IPhone IMHO.

Screen outstanding. Pictures fast and way better than Bionic. ICS is great... Form factor - it looks better and feels better.

Honestly this is a terrific phone.

JoDroid

Reaction score
I got Verizon to swap them out. The Galaxy Nexus is the best phone on the market including the IPhone IMHO.

Screen outstanding. Pictures fast and way better than Bionic. ICS is great... Form factor - it looks better and feels better.

Honestly this is a terrific phone.

How did you get Verizon to swap them out? No extra $?

ccolston

Reaction score
I have the bionic now and am considering jumping to nexus. Those who have done this from bionic ....how do you feel? Good points/bad points? Overall happy with the decision? My problems with bionic are data drops although recent update helped. The screen...occasionally it just looks weird to me. Any info would help me decide to move to nexus or stick with bionic.

I switched from the bionic and I'm definitely glad I did. Screen is better on the nexus, keyboard is awesome, no data drops for me. The nexus is lighter than the bionic. ICS is great. I had a problem with voicemail but it was resolved quickly. No issues other than that.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
How did you get Verizon to swap them out? No extra $?

I asked to to swap it out when the RAZR was announced. They were nice enough to allow me either the RAZR or the Nexus. Since the Nexus took so long they still honored it.

I also called the right place. No I'm not telling.

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Still have my bionic but I find myself using it less and less and this more and more. And I haven't even done anything to this phone besides unlock and root.

Nuff said

scdown

Reaction score
Glad I moved. No battery pulls for BSOD, no airplane mode toggle nonsense, no Factory Data Resets at Verizon's request to solve your problems. The camera on the Bionic is sharper, but still too slow, and the flash indoors makes everyone look like smurfs.

rjcapp

Reaction score
I'm making the swap now. If you can afford it I would do it . Nothing wrong with the bionic.

I agree with everything mentioned so far.

New OS is freaking awesome.

I paid 550.00 for mine. No upgrade. I bought it from the rep here who had 2 upgrades. He sold me one. I'll sell my bionic to lighten the load.

Last edited:

JoDroid

Reaction score
I asked to to swap it out when the RAZR was announced. They were nice enough to allow me either the RAZR or the Nexus. Since the Nexus took so long they still honored it.

I also called the right place. No I'm not telling.

Wow that's pretty cool :cool-b: How long did you have the Bionic before you asked to swap it? I am just considering getting the Nexus but I've had the Bionic for a couple of months now. Don't know what to do :serious: