Is the Bionic worth $119 ?

OP
cebosound

cebosound

Reaction score
Bionic is only $99.99 at Walmart Wireless. 2/year renewal.

Gotta admit, that seems like one heck of a deal. :)

Knowpig

Reaction score
Make sure you post on here which one you get! I want to here the results.

Posted with my thought to text Liquid Droid2.

OP
cebosound

cebosound

Reaction score
It's funny that I saw your post. I was just thinking about how we all whine about how much a new phone is. Lol. I was running a D1 with the DroidMod eclair ROM for a year and a half. Never even bothered to jump ship to get froyo. Then I got onboard with liquid 2.6 and it was awesome. Then I dropped that poor OG Droid one too many times and I lost the display. The touch works but no display. So I found another D1 mint for $50. Then I found a broken D2 I scored for free. Better still, the D2 had a few days of warranty left so I activated it and got a refurbished unit for free. So now my liquid D2 kicks the living crap out of my still perfect D1. It's just awesome.
So I started to really think about what my phone does, what I use it for, and all that it can do. Then I started thinking about the new razor and the nexus, etc. Even for $250 these new phones are worth it. It's very nearly a laptop in your hand. And the 4g speed is ridiculous.
If you can score a bionic for $119 and not get small printed to death, then you are for surebl headed in the right direction.
The bionic is pretty bad ass. And if Motorola doesn't fix the software, someone on xda will. :)
It will only get better.

Make sure you post on here which one you get! I want to here the results.

Thanks for chiming in Knowpig. I will definitely let you and the forum know which one I get, very shortly after activation. :)

your right, these phones are great. It's nice we have options. .... I am still curious to see what happens with the GNex. .... I also went and played with a display Razr at RadioShack (In my parking lot at work) after finishing up my lunch break. Still kind of amazed at the thinness of the phone. ... I think i can deal with not having extra batteries, i am really not to bad of a heavy user and usually have a charger near by.

I will have a decision made very soon. My new phone is part of my Xmas gift from the wifee, so I can't wait too much longer. lol .

:) Cheers

OP
cebosound

cebosound

Reaction score
I just purchased the Bionic. $149 at BestBuy. Great deal for a great phone. So far I really like it. i have 30 days to find out if it will work for me, if not I can return it and pay the difference for the Galaxy Nexus (if it ever comes out. lol) ...

This phone is fast, seems lighter than my DX, colors are vivid, and I even thought the camera's pics were a little better. I tried zumocast for the first time. it worked like a charm. ... So far , so good. :biggrin:

OP
cebosound

cebosound

Reaction score
This is my first post using my new Droid Bionic. :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Knowpig

Reaction score
Awesome!
Keep us posted!

Knowpig

Reaction score
Alright. So it's been a few days.
Loving the bionic?
I am nearly ready to use my upgrade to buy the wife a phone. The thunderbolt is nearly free now and a few bucks more gets the bionic.
Are you just loving it or ready to see how far you can throw it?

Knowpig

Reaction score
Alright cebo-
I couldn't wait. :)
I got the bionic for the wife for Christmas.
Verizon online $79.99 certified preowned. Too good to pass up. Hope she loves it!
The other trick new phones are just a bit much for my current finances.

OP
cebosound

cebosound

Reaction score
Alright cebo-
I couldn't wait. :)
I got the bionic for the wife for Christmas.
Verizon online $79.99 certified preowned. Too good to pass up. Hope she loves it!
The other trick new phones are just a bit much for my current finances.

You did the right thing. and i just checked and you are correct , 79 cert preowned. great deal! it was $149.99 when i looked last.

After a few days I am very impressed with the Bionic. Enough to have me very close to considering not worrying about the nexus and its twice as high price tag. ..... I love its speed, haven't noticed any lag with the 4G in my area. everything has been crisp and intuitive. I really believe this has everything you can want out of a phone. defo everything the razr has, plus more battery options. ... zumo cast works great. .... it is a phone i can be happy with for 2 years with out a doubt. ... ........ The only negatives I have so far, is the positioning of the power button (returning from sleep) , and the battery life. these things are kind of on the personal preference side. and i believe that rooting would solve both issues (for the most part).

Good job on your phone choice. You can't beat the deal. Great phone for an insanely cheap price. .... I am sure your wife will love the phone. :)

Knowpig

Reaction score
Cebosound-
You just made my day.
Thanks!