Bionic Not Responding...

Smokinram

Reaction score
Hello all,
Well the Bionic is my first smart phone and having nothing much to compare it too other than my wifes Iphone4, I love it BUT in the last day or two, it has froze up three times. What it does is it won't come on. Push the button to wake it up, and nothing. Need to pull the battery and its good to go.
I have just one day left on my 14 days to return time frame and am getting concerned. Should I take it back for another one or is this a common glitch others are having?
Also if this sort of thing happens after my 14 day trial period, will Verizon replace or repair it at no charge since its a defect?
Thanks,
Andy

P.S. My wife got her Iphone4 the same day I got my Bionic and so far hers has been flawless. No issues, no glitches, seems faster than my Bionic, and the battery life is WAY better. Help me convince myself I made the right choice choosing the Bionic over the Iphone4.

dberthia

Reaction score
I started having the same issue last weekend. The solution is in the battery settings. Go to Settings - Battery and choose the Performance option. The other settings are buggy.

OP
S

Smokinram

Reaction score
When I use the Performance option, my battery life goes to crap.
I wonder if they are working on a fix for these glitches.

OP
S

Smokinram

Reaction score
BTW it just froze up on me again...
There has to be a fix for this somewhere.
Thanks

jstwondrng

Reaction score
BTW it just froze up on me again...
There has to be a fix for this somewhere.
Thanks

I did read in the Verizon Wireless forums that they are logging complaints for future bug fixes. Not sure when a fix for our issues will come, but I'm hoping within a month or so. This forum isn't the only place folks are complaining about their problems with the Bionic.

Jstwondrng

big al

Reaction score
this has happened to me 3 times in last 3 days. no issues before that. havent added anything new since day 1 so I dont know whats going on.
battery pull is all that fixes it.

all this talk of locking into cdma only etc..that is rediculious to have to do all these work arounds on a new phone

idefiler6

Reaction score
Take it back to the store and tell them to give you a new one. I had this happen once in the past 12 days, but I know it happened multiple times on my Droid 2 before rooting and installing CM7 on it. IMO, the underlying issue is motoblur.

Lenagainster

Reaction score
Take it back to the store and tell them to give you a new one...............

And if you can manage to do it while the phone is in the frozen state, they won't try to put you off. I went to VZW with the complaint that my D2 would freeze, and they ran it through their computer check system, patted me on the head, and said it was all fixed. Phone started freezing again and ten days later I went back to the store with the phone in the frozen state. They ordered a replacement immediately.

FYI, on the replacement phone, I only installed necessary apps and deleted all the Amazon freebies as well as the Amazon Appstore. So far, a month later, no freezing.

idefiler6

Reaction score
Yep, sit in the parking lot if you have to and try to force it to freeze.

OP
S

Smokinram

Reaction score
Yep, sit in the parking lot if you have to and try to force it to freeze.

Well its about time to go see Verizon. Since my post this morning, my phone has froze on me over a dozen times, each time needing the battery pulled. And while in a GOOD 4G signal, it disconnected from the network and would not reconnect until I did a power down cycle.

What is going on here???

My first smartphone experience started out happy and is turning fast.

I am going to go see Verizon tomorrow, but what worries me is I am only 9 days into this phone and its getting worse by the hour. Will the replacement one(if they give me one) be any better?

All this is going on while my wife laughs at me with her Iphone4 that is working flawlessly and is faster than my phone even when we are in a strong 4G area.

Whats going on here? Please help me be a believer again.

Thanks,
Andy