Bionic screen won't turn on

Markdwa

Reaction score
My original Bionic did it three times: The phone goes into "sleep" or off or whatever that mode is when you're not using it. When I hit the upper button, nothing would happen.

The email blinker was blinking. The phone was "on", it just wouldn't wake up. Pulling the battery fixed it.

I was within 14 days so I went to Verizon, they reported no such issues, so I swapped for a new one.

Today (2 weeks later), for the first time it happened again, on my NEW Bionic (plus new SD card, plus new extended battery). This time I went to Verizon with my phone so they could see the problem. They logged it.

And just now, it happened AGAIN, at home. So I tried something different: I called my Bionic. No answer.

So the phone is on, it just won't wake, and the actual phone won't answer.

This had better be software that can be fixed! Other than that, LOVE my Bionic!

Eallan

Reaction score
Happened to me yesterday. Absolutely infuriating. No advice for you other than a battery pull.

skranendonk

Reaction score
Happened to me times 3 yesterday...never before..it was strange.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Bear in NM

Reaction score
This happened to me for the first time yesterday as well. Just to compare notes, the one thing that I did that I do not usually do is unplug (usb) from my laptop without unmounting from the PC side. I was wondering if this may have had an influence. Anyone else who had this happen playing around with usb and/or file transfers? Just grasping at straws here.

Craig

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
It sounds like the "Black Screen of Death," which has happened to several people (including me) from time to time. For some reason the phone is unresponsive and nothing short of a battery pull fixes it. There have been guesses at an app which is causing it, but nothing definite. Hopefully the update will fix it.