Bionic not allowing calls or texts. Please Help!!!

jaw4bama

Reaction score
And you are right! Just did a little research and found out that it WILL jack up the phone if you call *228. My question to Verizon if you call them, ask them how you update your roaming.

OP
J

JakkThunder

Reaction score
I'm also curious on not being able to dial *228 with these 4G phones

Idk, they didnt say anything in the store I bought it at and the guy at the store last night didnt seem to know anything about that either

jaw4bama

Reaction score
If you can wait a minute I am going to call Verizon and ask them how to update the roaming......Sounds to me that is your problem. I will report back in a minute or two.

OP
J

JakkThunder

Reaction score
And you are right! Just did a little research and found out that it WILL jack up the phone if you call *228. My question to Verizon if you call them, ask them how you update your roaming.

I have been wondering about that the entire time but the guy on the phone said that the 4G phones are suppose to do that automatically. But he also thought my card was jacked up and it seemed fine when I took it in. But if I cannot reach a fix by Tuesday I will most likely take it in and see if i can swap for another Bionic with a different Sim Card.

OP
J

JakkThunder

Reaction score
If you can wait a minute I am going to call Verizon and ask them how to update the roaming......Sounds to me that is your problem. I will report back in a minute or two.

Thanks, that is much appreciated! I havent been able to make a complete call to *611 all day!

jaw4bama

Reaction score
I have been wondering about that the entire time but the guy on the phone said that the 4G phones are suppose to do that automatically. But he also thought my card was jacked up and it seemed fine when I took it in. But if I cannot reach a fix by Tuesday I will most likely take it in and see if i can swap for another Bionic with a different Sim Card.
Ok, talked to a rep. he also said that the 4G phones does update by itself. He told me that maybe since you have not been in a area with 3G/4G for a long period of time, maybe you have not receive the latest updates yet to your phone (but he was really unsure). He told me to tell you that when you are in an area with 3G/4G to turn your phone off, pull the Battery AND Sim out, wait a couple of minutes and put the Batter/SIM back in and boot the phone back up. He also said they sell a Verizon Network extender that plugs into your internet at your house and then you would have Full signal at your house all the time.

OP
J

JakkThunder

Reaction score
Ok, talked to a rep. he also said that the 4G phones does update by itself. He told me that maybe since you have not been in a area with 3G/4G for a long period of time, maybe you have not receive the latest updates yet to your phone (but he was really unsure). He told me to tell you that when you are in an area with 3G/4G to turn your phone off, pull the Battery AND Sim out, wait a couple of minutes and put the Batter/SIM back in and boot the phone back up. He also said they sell a Verizon Network extender that plugs into your internet at your house and then you would have Full signal at your house all the time.

Thanks, I will try that tomorrow. I will drive to where I get 3G coverage, wont take but about 30min i dont think, and try it and let you know how it works. Might even do it later tonight. And the Extender would work in my home even tho I am in Extended Coverage? If so I need to look into that for sure! and it is of much help!

jaw4bama

Reaction score
He told me on the phone that the Network extender would work even without a signal but you might want to make 100% sure if you plan on buying it.

OP
J

JakkThunder

Reaction score
He told me on the phone that the Network extender would work even without a signal but you might want to make 100% sure if you plan on buying it.

I just looked up the Universal USB Modem Extender on the verizon site. $9.99. but it says it is not compatible with the Bionic. :(

OP
J

JakkThunder

Reaction score

Would i need to buy a verizon modem?

jaw4bama

Reaction score
I just looked up the Universal USB Modem Extender on the verizon site. $9.99. but it says it is not compatible with the Bionic. :(
OMG that is horrible! Maybe they will make one very soon that supports the Bionic! It is still very new, I am receiving my Bionic by FedEx on Monday- Can't wait!