Bionic "less than smooth"

Reaction score
Dont get me wrong i love this phone and my reservations are a bit different than most peoples on this forum. I love the screen, the battery life is fine for me, i absolutely LOVE the look and feel of the phone. However where most people think their bionic does fine i feel mine falters, speed and smoothness. Blur is still a bit "sticky" for me and the transitions seem to get "stuck" even if just for a split second. Im coming from a dx and all i heard was how much more smooth this blur is and i guess it is but it still seems "less than smooth" especially when using the live forest paper. Anybody feel the same way i do?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Crazed_Z06

Reaction score
Dont get me wrong i love this phone and my reservations are a bit different than most peoples on this forum. I love the screen, the battery life is fine for me, i absolutely LOVE the look and feel of the phone. However where most people think their bionic does fine i feel mine falters, speed and smoothness. Blur is still a bit "sticky" for me and the transitions seem to get "stuck" even if just for a split second. Im coming from a dx and all i heard was how much more smooth this blur is and i guess it is but it still seems "less than smooth" especially when using the live forest paper. Anybody feel the same way i do?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Hmmm.. maybe try a factory reset?

Mine is digustingly fluid and snappy. I had a Thunderbolt before and I thought that was a quick phone. The Bionic is easily kills it. The thing is so responsive that I feel like things are almost activating before I press the screen :)

People are having a number of issues with the phone being new and all.. Slowness hasnt been one of the complaints though. It should be very fluid and smooth.

DamirD1984

Reaction score
I've noticed it as well. One way of fixing the transition choppiness, was for me to disable scrolling wallpaper, but was only possible trough ADW launcher. Something about scrolling wallpaper seems to cause choppiness, especially with fancy widgets and transitions...

I've got mine today, and so far, I wasn't blown out of the waters with it, and am on the fence bout returning it or not.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Mine runs fast as I can imagine it and I'm running the live weather widget from BW... plus plenty of other widgets. No choppiness or lag at all. Stock launcher.

Reaction score
On my phone it has the same os my phone was laggy as hell until the first ota update then no lag nothing perfectly smooth and improved battery life

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

ConqSoft

Reaction score
Smooth here also. If yours is choppy you may need to take a closer look at everything that's running.

Reaction score
I'm guessing the bionic needs an ota with bug fixes like the droid 3. I remeber the bionic at ces it was laggy as hell

brandon9559

Reaction score
Incredibly smooth here. Coming from a droid x also

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Reaction score
Yeah I know that but my friend has it and its still lags

ConqSoft

Reaction score
The majority of people in this thread aren't seeing it, so that points to an app or apps running on said laggy Bionics.

holjes

Reaction score
I concur. No lag AT ALL here. Check your apps. I feel like its something that is eating your ram or just laggy program. Almost everything I've read has been silky smooth performance. Good luck. And let us know if you find out what program is causing the problem. Thanks.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

Cowpoke

Reaction score
I concur. No lag AT ALL here. Check your apps. I feel like its something that is eating your ram or just laggy program. Almost everything I've read has been silky smooth performance. Good luck. And let us know if you find out what program is causing the problem. Thanks.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

For some reason go launcher will ocasionally stutter on me. Seems like a software issue as I will have tons of ram free. However stock and LP freakin fly. Never even a hint of choppiness. After almost 2 years of the OG, its mind blowing. I feel like the hardware has finally caught up with the software and is finally fully unleashing Android.