Bionic lapdock or lapdock 100?

slamanna212

Reaction score
Which one is better? I don't want the lapdock 500 because it is too expensive.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

EDIT IT CAME! Go to page 2!

Last edited:

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
The Bionic Lapdock is only compatible with the Bionic - the 100 is compatible with the Bionic as well as the Razr, Maxx and D4...

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
That is the main difference...I have had all 3 lapdocks and for the money, I think the 500 is the best.

I only used the Bionic lapdock shortly as I purchased the 100 when I upgraded to the Razr and both devices (Bionic and Razr) ran nice on the 100 with no issues.

OP
slamanna212

slamanna212

Reaction score
One last question. Does the bionic lapdock work with the extended battery?

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Yes, it does...I have the extended in mine & it worked with no issues...it will not work with the Otterbox tho - you have to remove the case. The 100 had the connection cord so it would work with a case such as the Otterbox...

So that would be another difference in the docking of the phone (the 100 is a cord that can be used in anyway and the Bionic is a flip dock but only fits the phone, no bulky case). The 100 is a bit smaller in both overall size and screen size - they both feel the same in weight tho, the 100 might be a bit less heavy.

OP
slamanna212

slamanna212

Reaction score
Thanks. In probably gonna get the bionic lapdock. I don't use a case and like the look of it better.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Sounds good, cause ultimately, you have to be happy with the purchase. I think you will like it...good luck!

mikespe

Reaction score
I bought the 100 and I used it quite a bit when I first got it. But now I use my tablet with a bluetooth keyboard & wirelessly tethered to my Bionic...Tablet is smaller plus can be used without the keyboard...just another option to look at...a bit more money but you might get more use out of it...

th3absurdhero

Reaction score
I bought the 100 and used it for a couple days but could not justify the $200 price tag on it, i had expected better quality. It felt cheap and it's not as small and portable as id wish it could be. I also was annoyed that it would freeze occasionally(i am rooted and could have been an issue), I still wouldn't pay more then $50 for it honestly its still a novelty so id prefer a net book or tablet over it.

OP
slamanna212

slamanna212

Reaction score
I bought the 100 and used it for a couple days but could not justify the $200 price tag on it, i had expected better quality. It felt cheap and it's not as small and portable as id wish it could be. I also was annoyed that it would freeze occasionally(i am rooted and could have been an issue), I still wouldn't pay more then $50 for it honestly its still a novelty so id prefer a net book or tablet over it.
I heard when it first came out it had a lot of low memory issues but that it was lessened with the recentish .901 update, maybe even more with .902. I also froze a lot of the crap apps that come on it which i read also helps speed and memory. Il report back once it comes in and i can test it.

colema

Reaction score
I'm on the verge of getting the lapdock 100 myself ...I'll be interested in knowing what you think.

Sent from one Android device or another using Tapatalk

blazenlo

Reaction score
I just got the Bionic Lapdock. Have had it for a week now. I love it! It is a LITTLE more laggy than my laptop but not bad at all. The size and weight is perfect for me. A mouse is a must...although I never like touchpads regardless of what they are on(laptop/lapdock). WELL worth the $200 IMO!

OP
slamanna212

slamanna212

Reaction score
It just came! Initial impressions are great. The reports of a slow keyboard and mouse are true if you leave it at default settings. If you crank them up it works great. Netflix and 1080p videos work perfectly. Will update it once i use it more.

hAHAha Halo

Reaction score
So.. I can look up the reviews and videos myself, but the one thing I can't find is straightforward prices. Can someone tell me how much each of the 3 of them are? I'm on my Bionic and searching for phone accessories isn't exactly easy via Google, and for some reason when I tried searching Amazon it just made me queasy, I don't know why but Amazon does that to me. If I look up review videos they'll probably mention the price they paid, but the videos are probably a few months old and the price has hopefully since then gone down, and I'm not thinking about actually getting one for a few more months.

I also want to see the reviews to see if it's an alternative to a tablet. Some of the other high school students use tablets instead of binders and notebooks, and they write their notes and do homework on the tablets, and the teachers are more than fine with it. Sure, they still have to take tests and quizzes on paper and other classwork that can't be done on a tablet, but it's easier than lugging around binders and notebooks from class to class. But in addition to that, a tablet would be much more silent than a Lapdock because, well, the Lapdock has keys. But hey, I could find ways around that, probably by using my Bionic as a miniature keyboard and mouse.

Back on topic, can someone post the costs of the Lapdock for the Bionic, the Lapdock 100, and the Lapdock 500? Motorola's website never mentions pricing, they make it seem like you can buy things off of their website but being on a phone makes it impossible to browse their website.