Lapdock or Lapdock 100

mikespe

Reaction score
I'm bone stock. Since I seem to be one of the few with absolutely no problems with my bionic, I've been reluctant to tempt fate and root.....

I'm curious, with your update, did it speed up the webdock at all or is firefox browsing still laggy?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

So Motorola got rid of this feature then with the update. My Bionic wasn't running too bad before the update either...but after it ran even better! I heard there is a .894 update out as well but I guess it unroots your phone...Firefox is OK except I get Low Memory warning whnever I have more than 2 tabs open at a time so I just use the stock browser on the phone. I wish I could figure out why I get low memory with Firefox but not with the stock phone browser or even Opera works great. When using the apps from the phone you have to go into fullscreen mode but it works great!

I think I asked this already but are you guys getting low memory warnings when using firefox?

The_Other_Ray

Reaction score
So Motorola got rid of this feature then with the update. My Bionic wasn't running too bad before the update either...but after it ran even better! I heard there is a .894 update out as well but I guess it unroots your phone...Firefox is OK except I get Low Memory warning whnever I have more than 2 tabs open at a time so I just use the stock browser on the phone. I wish I could figure out why I get low memory with Firefox but not with the stock phone browser or even Opera works great. When using the apps from the phone you have to go into fullscreen mode but it works great!

I think I asked this already but are you guys getting low memory warnings when using firefox?

In the last three days of having the lapdock, I've only had the low memory warning twice. But I've only had two tabs open since I don't really have a need for a multitude of tabs. But other than that, I've been able to use Firefox pretty consistently without any issues.

I think part of the low memory reason is because I had a ton of stuff already running on my phone so when i rebooted the phone, it was fine. I had Facebook, text messaging, wordfeud, hanging with friends, and a mahjong game running so maybe that was not helping memory issues.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

mikespe

Reaction score
In the last three days of having the lapdock, I've only had the low memory warning twice. But I've only had two tabs open since I don't really have a need for a multitude of tabs. But other than that, I've been able to use Firefox pretty consistently without any issues.

I think part of the low memory reason is because I had a ton of stuff already running on my phone so when i rebooted the phone, it was fine. I had Facebook, text messaging, wordfeud, hanging with friends, and a mahjong game running so maybe that was not helping memory issues.

Thanks for the tip...I just removed some of the widgets I don't really use & rebooted my phone. I did notice that the IM app was running even after reboot. Do I need that app to run? Also Voice commands is running using 32mb!! Is there a way to shut these off permanently?

Thanks

The_Other_Ray

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip...I just removed some of the widgets I don't really use & rebooted my phone. I did notice that the IM app was running even after reboot. Do I need that app to run? Also Voice commands is running using 32mb!! Is there a way to shut these off permanently?

Thanks

Not sure how but I didn't turn those off and I haven't had an issue with low memory so far. Its weird though because when I'm connected to the lapdock, I end up using Facebook, wordfeud and those other programs I mentioned through the lapdock while surfing the web and yet I haven't run into the low memory problem.

Maybe its just a bug that will get fixed in the update. I don't know for sure.

summortuus

Reaction score
I get the low memory warning whenever i load more than two tabs.

Also, my phone seems to reboot with 400 mg free.... but once the lapdock is connected it goes to 200. The low mem starts near 100, but i cant seem to close enough apps or anything to free it back up.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

valkyriemedic

Reaction score
So whats the difference

I've had the Bionic for a while now and looking at getting a lapdock. So what are the differences between the Bionic Lapdock and the Lapdock 100. Are there and improvements in regards to software / function on the Lapdock 100. Looking at the forums and viewing both at the local Big Red, I have seen the following:

Bionic Lapdock Pros vs. Lapdock 100:

Sturdier build
Thinner
Bigger Screen (11.6 versus 10 on Lapdock 100
Reported longer Battery life (than Lapdock 100)

Bionic Lapdock Cons:

Only compatible with Bionic (without modding)
Chicklet keys (versus regular keyboard keys on Lapdock 100)
Oversized mouse pad (complaints with palm of hand striking while typing)
Lays flat (Lapdock 100 is tilted)

The ease of using the Lapdock 100 with future phones is a big plus....but the Bionic Lapdock has its advantages too. Any software or interface upgrades with the Lapdock 100 may be the seller. (I dont intend or desire the upcoming Lapdock 500 with its probable bloated price point).

So who knows, or has used both with their Bionic....Any opinions welcome!

AlexSB

Reaction score
I was looking into actually getting one of these, but then it dawned on me, you could Get a Chromebook for the same price as one of the lapdock ($300) for more functionality?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk