Bionic Insurance

OP
DRILLINDK

DRILLINDK

Reaction score
How does the insurance work that Verizon offers?

You pay $7/month and get a new phone if you have a problem? No questions asked?

xXJakeXx

Reaction score
Got bestbuy insurance 10 a month and the guy said if i break the phone screen cracked root and fry it theyll still take it back! Oh and no deductible!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

DROID11

Reaction score
There are many different insurance options. The one Verizon offers is not the best value. Best buy has a good insurance that, while it is more expensive, you can swap phones with no deductible. (I am unsure on exact prices for best buy). With the insurance that Verizon offers, Asurion, you can pay $5.18 a month and if you lose the phone, it gets stolen, broken, or water damaged you're covered with a $99 deductible. The $6.99 insurance is similar but it ads an extnded warranty (beyond the 1 year manufacturers warranty) where if there is a malfunction that's not from physical or liquid damage you can swap phones for free. There are also other third party insurance options such as Global Warranty Group, etc where you pay a 2 year premium for $100 then pay a $75 deductible to get a new phone.

quentin-

Reaction score
So when you drop it in the toilet and see the nearly $700 retail price what are you going to do?
How exactly do you drop your phone in a toilet?

I've got the best insurance in town...it's called "not being careless". Works great, I pay nothing since I'm not a sucker and I don't use my phone as a football.

xXJakeXx

Reaction score
Easy its called being drunk on halloween wearing a docters coat and it being in ur front pocket on the coat rofl, fried a blackberry that way. Its not being careless its called being clumsy. Dork.

DROID11

Reaction score
How exactly do you drop your phone in a toilet?

I've got the best insurance in town...it's called "not being careless". Works great, I pay nothing since I'm not a sucker and I don't use my phone as a football.

You're silly. No one means to break their phone unless they are a moron. Careless or not, it sometimes happens. I had my phone in my pocket, attempted to take it out but it slipped from my hand and the screen shattered. This was from about 2-3 feet up. If it weren't for insurance I would either have a shattered screen or would've paid $600+ to replace my thunderbolt.

OP
DRILLINDK

DRILLINDK

Reaction score
There are many different insurance options. The one Verizon offers is not the best value. Best buy has a good insurance that, while it is more expensive, you can swap phones with no deductible. (I am unsure on exact prices for best buy). With the insurance that Verizon offers, Asurion, you can pay $5.18 a month and if you lose the phone, it gets stolen, broken, or water damaged you're covered with a $99 deductible. The $6.99 insurance is similar but it ads an extnded warranty (beyond the 1 year manufacturers warranty) where if there is a malfunction that's not from physical or liquid damage you can swap phones for free. There are also other third party insurance options such as Global Warranty Group, etc where you pay a 2 year premium for $100 then pay a $75 deductible to get a new phone.

Thanks for the info. It's a tough call. It would be an easy sell without the deductible, imo.

wseyller

Reaction score
I dont pay for insurance. Only one time in my life have I lost/damaged a phone. By that time I could buy one cheaper on Ebay than pay the deductible. If I would have paid insurance for years and years then imagine how much I paid into. It would be enough to
Probably by two bionics out right.
Now if I needed to make claims twice a year then I could see a point. I know crazy things can happen bUT I know people that can't take care of their belongings and I just can't fathom just how dumb you could be. if I bought one for my kid then insurance might be necessary.

DROID11

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. It's a tough call. It would be an easy sell without the deductible, imo.

Think of it like this: spend $75-100 or spend $600-700 to replace the phone. Even if you never need the deductible, its worth the peace of mind. Accidents happen no matter how careful you are. Not to mention thieves are ruthless and have no qualms with stealing phones.

713King

Reaction score
The whole best buy insurance is crap because they will give you a crap phone and send the broken phone to get it fixed and it's a two week wait.