Bionic Insurance

wseyller

Reaction score
I make sure my phone is nowhere near a source of water. I am always thinking in my mind hazzards that put my phone into danger. Someone has got to be dying before I let someone borrow it or even touch it. Dont drop your phone. You wouldnt drop a new born baby would you? If you are not careless you will not drop your phone.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

DROID11

Reaction score
I make sure my phone is nowhere near a source of water. I am always thinking in my mind hazzards that put my phone into danger. Someone has got to be dying before I let someone borrow it or even touch it. Dont drop your phone. You wouldnt drop a new born baby would you? If you are not careless you will not drop your phone.

There's a fine line between careful and paranoid. You just compared a phone to a newborn. Would you put a newborn in your pocket?

DROID11

Reaction score
I understand if you do not want insurance, but don't come on here trying to sound all high and mighty like people who choose the route of getting insurance are stupid. Some of us don't baby their phones or don't want to have to constantly worry about their phones. Some of us work in an environment in which the phones my be exposed to extreme conditions. Some of us live active lifestyles. Some of us like to party and end up losing, breaking, or otherwise damaging our phones. Some of us get stuff stollen. Its not a bad idea to get insurance. If you don't want it, don't get it but don't tell those of us who want or need it we are stupid or careless because we get insurance.

DROID11

Reaction score
Only took me 10 seconds to edit my post. You are on this thread like grease on chicken

Congratulations on being drunk. I'm jealous. I have been on here a lot tonight because I'm not drinking or doing anything fun. However, push notifications are a blessing and a curse. My gmail gets a notification, I either completely ignore it or reply.

wseyller

Reaction score
Congratulations on being drunk. I'm jealous. I have been on here a lot tonight because I'm not drinking or doing anything fun. However, push notifications are a blessing and a curse. My gmail gets a notification, I either completely ignore it or reply.

Yeah hard to ignore. Every one has their opinions.what makes this country great. My mentality of things may be different than others. My being careful is more just a habit than being paranoid. Ive definitely had my fill of crazy parties and drunkenness. Fortunetly for me back then it wasnt so much an issue with cell phones.

kplain

Reaction score
I was turned off on insurance after a crappy, cheap asurion replacement phone. Heck, even the painted finish rubbed of of that one.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

quentin-

Reaction score
You're silly. No one means to break their phone unless they are a moron. Careless or not, it sometimes happens. I had my phone in my pocket, attempted to take it out but it slipped from my hand and the screen shattered. This was from about 2-3 feet up. If it weren't for insurance I would either have a shattered screen or would've paid $600+ to replace my thunderbolt.
I'm not saying you, or anyone who drops and breaks their phone is doing is on purpose...I'm definitely not saying that. However, you can still be careless with your phone and break totally by accident. Maybe it's just me (and my quicker reflexes due to years of FPS-gaming that have prevented me from letting the phone hit the ground on a couple of close-calls), but I treat my $600 device as if it costed me $600. Does this mean I treat it like a treasure and wrap it a rubber case? No, I just keep in mind not to do anything to damage the phone. Also, insurance is the biggest scam of the century and I will not pay a cent more to the capitalist pigs that are our wireless carrier than I have to, especially if I can control it..

As House put it: if we took the airbags and seat belts out of cars and replaced them metal spikes pointed towards the drivers faces there would be no more accidents. Maybe a few here and now...but overall, all drivers would put safety higher on their list of priorities and not kill each other. See where I'm getting at?

Sanitarium09

Reaction score
No insurance for me. It's a waste of money IMO. $84 a year plus another $100 if you need to use it? The hell with it. Buy an Otterbox Defender, presto, dropping issues solved. Drop it in the water? Well, I guess you're SOL for not being careful enough around water.

beerboyone

Reaction score
I was planning on using square trade instead of verizon's. I went to a privately run shop to buy my bionic. they offered their own insurance, $99 for 2 years, paid upfront. $99 deductible but you get a brand new replacement not refurbished like asurion gives you. and it covers lose and theft so it was better then square trade.

OP
DRILLINDK

DRILLINDK

Reaction score
View attachment 40094

Squaretrade might be a reasonable alternative.

I was reading a bit further and found this. Doesn't the Bionic retail for $700, so a customer would have to pay the $100 difference?

"Smartphones Break! SquareTrade covers you up to the $600 replacement cost of your Android phone."

Last edited: