Bionic Insurance

zetachi

Reaction score
I buy most of my electronic coverage through Square Trade. They are great. Unfortunately they do not cover loss/theft of cell phone. Everything else they do Cameras,GPS etc. Usually I get the insurance through Verizon as the wife has had 2 cells lost/stolen. I keep it till the value of the phone is not worth it anymore 1-2 yrs.

That being said if you buy your phone from an online (wirefly,lets talk) can you still get the insurance coverage from Verizon added on?

rumblee1

Reaction score
Remember, you probably will NOT get a new phone. They give you a refurbished. Only a new one if a refurb isn't available. That's why I never got the insurance. Figure out what it costs over 2 years. Would rather take ny chances.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

zetachi

Reaction score
well say you break it or lose it or its stolen. 366 days after you buy it. Will cost you @ $200 for insurance and copay. or full price from verizon (new) or ebay (used anyway)

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
So is the bestbuy protection not that great? I've always used asurion personally and never had a problem, had one phone replaced a few times after the two year mark for warranty issues. Then broke a screen on another and I'm not even sure how that happened. My father in law lost one of his phones and asurion covered it.

So my question is, how good is the bestbuy insurance? I've got the black tie protection on a few of my devices just because of my kids and no matter how hard you try, they sometimes get into sh!t. And the upgrade to a better if yours is outdated and it gets broken is pretty nice.

Sent from my hexen d2g using Droid Forums!

BLeClair12

Reaction score
I've never had insurance on any of my phones, nor have I ever needed it. I'm extremely careful with my electronics, especially my phone. Granted, that doesn't make me accident proof, but at the end of the day, I pay too much for my cell phone per month as it is.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I've never had insurance on any of my phones, nor have I ever needed it. I'm extremely careful with my electronics, especially my phone. Granted, that doesn't make me accident proof, but at the end of the day, I pay too much for my cell phone per month as it is.

I think honestly it has to do with the person, job, lifestlye, etc. I am as carefuly as I can be with my phone, however, being active duty army my phone goes to the field, trainings, all kinds of stuff and there are times when I'm to busy to be careful. That's why I'm looking for the best insurance

Sent from my hexen d2g using Droid Forums!