Bionic ics leak!!!

tlarseth

Reaction score
I have noticed that since the 5.9.905 OTA came out my LTE keeps dropping, it says I have full signal, but the bars become white and I can not connect to the internet on the phone unless I use wifi or reset the phone, for some odd reason the airplane mode trick didn't work this update.

But when the 5.9.905 Leak came out I had no issues with it, so there is something different in the OTA and the Leak, and the Leak worked a lot better for me, I am actually thinking of going back to 5.9.902 OTA just so I can go to the 5.9.905 Leak.

debrad0307

Reaction score
At this point I don't even bother worth the updates anymore. I'm on 902 with no issues. The only way I'll update is for ics. I'm running eclipse and I love it for now

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have noticed that since the 5.9.905 OTA came out my LTE keeps dropping, it says I have full signal, but the bars become white and I can not connect to the internet on the phone unless I use wifi or reset the phone, for some odd reason the airplane mode trick didn't work this update.

But when the 5.9.905 Leak came out I had no issues with it, so there is something different in the OTA and the Leak, and the Leak worked a lot better for me, I am actually thinking of going back to 5.9.902 OTA just so I can go to the 5.9.905 Leak.

AGAIN............. The .905 leak and the OTA are THE SAME EXACT FREAKING FILE. (Sorry to yell, but for some reason the mods won't sticky this fact)

It's the network. Verizon has been messing with the network, AGAIN. Right in the middle of the soak test, too. They have changed the way the device registers with the network. That's why we ALWAYS have these issues (and it's LTE devices in general, not just the Bionic). If Verizon would leave well enough alone, maybe we would actually see some stability.

But to go back to .902 and install the "leak"? Sounds like a lot of time wasted to install a build that is bit for bit identical to the OTA.

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
Yeah personally 905 has been a let down, 902 wasn't great and to be honest I still thank my best luck was with 901

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

posd

Reaction score
Connectivity issues aside, @ .902 i had the best battery life. 904 killed it and 905 is not much better.

Droidram56

Reaction score
I talk to a lot of people with 4g capable phones who keep them set at cdma-only because of the instability of 4g. Some VZ sales people even recommend it. But doggone it, we bought the phones for 4g and it should work right.

diablo81588

Reaction score

Actually, that's what would happen to me on 902. I flashed 905, and data has been extremely stable for a few weeks now. Transitions between 3g and 4g have vastly improved as well. For the few times that it has dropped when I was in a low signal area, recover time went from a few minutes to a few seconds. Also, I no longer have to toggle data to get rid of the dreaded "white signal indicator" bug. It immediately goes from white to blue. All in all, I've never had such a stable radio since I bought the phone on release day. Hopefully ICS won't be any different.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I talk to a lot of people with 4g capable phones who keep them set at cdma-only because of the instability of 4g. Some VZ sales people even recommend it. But doggone it, we bought the phones for 4g and it should work right.

I have to say, if they suggested that to me, i'd kindly suggest that they pay half of my bill. We bought 4G phones for 4G service, they should not even be allowed to suggest turning off 4G.

bobbyp

Reaction score
I am fairly certain it is the network and not the phone update that is causing the drops. They started a week before the ota started.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

unbesorgt

Reaction score
In case anyone else was wondering about Webtop 3.0 -- it's definitely included. I'm running it right now on the .2233 Bionic ICS leak. ;) Freaking awesome. And it overclocks us to 1.2Ghz to boot!

Mfinchv1

Reaction score
ive been on it for 24 hours now.....solid 4g as well...no turning white 4g...awesome

BlackWS6LS1

Reaction score
In case anyone else was wondering about Webtop 3.0 -- it's definitely included. I'm running it right now on the .2233 Bionic ICS leak. ;) Freaking awesome. And it overclocks us to 1.2Ghz to boot!
Is this a true upgrade or re-image? Will I still have my apps and settings (the ones the at least can roll over to ICS)?

bufordtpisser

Reaction score
I jumped on 2233 as soon as i could get the download. This is my third day now and I believe that it is rock solid. I have had a few minor issues. Initially my lapdock worked without a hitch. Now I get the UI error. Solved that by installing Apex launcher and using Smart Actions to launch it when the phone goes into the dock. A few programs have given me me issues so I un installed and reinstalled them. I count on my phone and lapdock a lot. I do not do these things without extreme caution. I would recommend this one highly.