Bionic ics leak!!!

landon418

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Help

Has anyone been able to get gnome-shell or gnome-desktop-environment to work? Also when I use update manager it says natty narwhale needs 10.5 mb of space, and I am on webtop2sd. Wish we could get precise pangolin working :(

landon418

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yea I have a hybrid of gnome-panel and xfce4 desktop. :biggrin:

mattyj724

Reaction score
im on 902 and it says up to date... am i off the path for OTA updates? How can i check for that

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
im on 902 and it says up to date... am i off the path for OTA updates? How can i check for that

When you check for updates, you are sending a signal to the carrier. The carrier checks your version and IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) number and if you're scheduled to receive it, you'll see a message saying so. This means that if you're scheduled to get an update on June 19th at 3:47am, your phone will say that it's "Up to date" even though others have been getting the update since June 14th (not an official date, just an example).

Last edited:

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
So 902 is the latest so far for those not getting the updates?

Correct. 5.9.902 is the latest Official OTA update. .904 was cheesecaked and although .905 was too, it's the version that went to the soak testers.

Hopefully we'll be getting .905 starting this week.

Last edited:

mattyj724

Reaction score
Got 905 yesterday. Worked great with the voodoo root saver thing. No data issues even though that was fixed for me back on 902. Battery, well the jury is out on that one. We will see. Im on vaca and i use my phone a little more than usual. So that may be why the batt is dying faster

bigred8380

Reaction score
I have received the .905 update as of 2 days ago.... is the time table for the ICS update still look to be within a week or so?! Would really like to see 4.0 on my Bionic!

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have received the .905 update as of 2 days ago.... is the time table for the ICS update still look to be within a week or so?! Would really like to see 4.0 on my Bionic!

Within a week? Q3 doesn't even start until July 1st. They are stating "early Q3", which to me means sometime in July - could be the end of July, though. August would be "mid Q3" territory.

bigred8380

Reaction score
I've read numerous tweets and post that are hinting at the update being released b4 the 30th.....

Not that I'm having any issues with my Bionic (couldn't be happier with this phone), but would really like to give the ICS a run.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've read numerous tweets and post that are hinting at the update being released b4 the 30th.....

Not that I'm having any issues with my Bionic (couldn't be happier with this phone), but would really like to give the ICS a run.

Source, please? Are you sure you're not thinking about the RAZR?

And bear in mind, ICS could potentially introduce a whole new slew of issues. So if your phone is running so well, be careful what you wish for *LOL*

Droidram56

Reaction score
Very true about being careful what you ask for. My network service has been less stable since the update to 905. What problems will the ICS update introduce?

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Very true about being careful what you ask for. My network service has been less stable since the update to 905. What problems will the ICS update introduce?

Since no one has actually been able to install even a leaked build, we have absolutely no idea. But bear in mind, it's a new OS version and not a minor update. It could work just fine, it could be problematic.