Bionic for Razr???

paul7602

Reaction score
Im considering trading my bionic for a razr!! What are your thoughts on this trade??? Would I be downgrading?? Or is that a fair deal!! I know I seem to have a great Bionic I've rooted and loaded several different rims and themes without any of the problems people are having???? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!!

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'd keep the Bionic. That way in a year or so, when your phone starts losing battery life, you can simply order a new battery from Amazon. If you're happy with your Bionic, I wouldn't consider trading at all.

nateohio

Reaction score
Why are you considering trading? What about the razr appeals to you?

From my standpoint, they are the same phone. With the razr having a drawback or two. But for you it may be different.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
paul7602

paul7602

Reaction score
The different screen!! Slim design! Not sure how much different they are? ? Heard the kernel is more friendly with ICS????

nateohio

Reaction score
The slim design thing I definitely get, I prefer the slimmer design also.

The screen, although a little prettier, isn't as usable in direct sunlight. You have to judge for yourself which is more important, for me usability rules all.

It being more compatible with ICS? Pure internet rumor and speculation. The 2 phones have both been confirmed for getting ICS and they are damn near the same phone internally.

The real deal breaker for me is the non removable battery. You dont have the option to use extended batteries if you want to, and overtime you will lose battery life. Also, no possibility of performing battery pulls if necessary

thetingster

Reaction score
I played with the razr and after having the bionic I will not be going slim like that. It's awkward.

Reaction score
My wife has the razr, the screen is not any better, where we have white the razr looks more yellow, the screen looks cartoonish, I see hatching in the blues. It is a little snappier but that is due to the extra, albeit slightly, speed. Confirmed when I overclocked the bionic. Smart actions keeps disabling her data, she drops data more than me, her battery last about as long as mine(stock). Back to the screen it has a bluish tint to it. They are however very similar, I do like the camera on the lock screen, and the front facing camera on the razr has a much crisper look. Anything else you want to know? I prefer my bionic, because I work outside, other than that I would have either one.

Josh

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums