Thoughts of trading in Bionic for Razr

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Even if you let it sit on a desk for 6 hours it will lose at least 40%.

If you in a real strong reception area...not necessarily. I put my phone in a locker cuz we cant have phones in the office. Dead after 8 hours of no use. At my gf's apt it can go at least 1 & 1/2 days on straight stand by. When its trying to get or hold on to a better signal, it drains the battery. I will get a network extender for my apt soon and do some battery tests with it on and off to see some things.

This is a battery drainer on 3G too that most ppl dont know about.

Last edited:

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well, I do know that global phones, if they're not set to cdma only it will kill the battery. The first thing I am doing is ensuring the global is off. I didn't know about this till one day my ex's D2 global was major draining without use. Took me a while to track it down but that was her issue. Also, apps running in the background along with wifi trying to find networks, can and should be off to conserve. Maybe the poster prior has all this disabled? Idk because I don't have the device. But I'm an extreme heavy user so, I will have to make sure I turn everything off not being used..lol

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Ansa82

Reaction score
Ok so its next morning....did not power phone off...left on thinking it would go dead but NOW its at 30%...at 5:30am next morning.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Ansa82

Reaction score
And i do have 4G on....no wifi or bluetooth on.

Ansa82

Reaction score
Just now powered off and back on as someone suggested to get proper battery reading....it says 30%. there was no change with reboot.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just now powered off and back on as someone suggested to get proper battery reading....it says 30%. there was no change with reboot.

Just got my razr..traded in bionic I got yesterday and the guy at verizon couldn't get a dang signal, still no signal...charging it up now and will check into it..anyone else have issue with 4g?or 3g? With razr? Same happened with bionic but didn't take this long...

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Just got my razr..traded in bionic I got yesterday and the guy at verizon couldn't get a dang signal, still no signal...charging it up now and will check into it..anyone else have issue with 4g?or 3g? With razr? Same happened with bionic but didn't take this long...

You're gonna have the same probs with the razr as you will with the bionic...unfortunately.

masterpeace1960

Reaction score
I trade my Bionic for the Razr on 11/17/11...I like the Razr..Very lite....Nice 32 meg. SD card come with it...I will like the Razr much better than the Bionic by a long shot...Samsung Nexus is going have 4.7 display, they say it will have keyboard with it...I will still stay with the razr.....I have heard some update are coming out for the Razr very soon....It will fix some of the problem that may come with the Razr..

orionsvantage

Reaction score
I trade my Bionic for the Razr on 11/17/11...I like the Razr..Very lite....Nice 32 meg. SD card come with it...I will like the Razr much better than the Bionic by a long shot...Samsung Nexus is going have 4.7 display, they say it will have keyboard with it...I will still stay with the razr.....I have heard some update are coming out for the Razr very soon....It will fix some of the problem that may come with the Razr..

A keyboard?

why do people insist on putting their screen name in their signature?

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Anyone find the whites on the screen to be a little grey and dim?

Yes, everybody should if you're comparing the Razr to the Bionic. There is no white subpixel like the Bionic.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Gmansurge

Reaction score
I find the display very bright and white when I turn up the brightness setting. I found it best to leave the display on the default setting which is ambient.