Bike mount for Droid?

mikeinctown

Reaction score
Looking to mount my droid to the handlebar of my mountain bike. I just can't ignore the mytracks app, navigation, music, or any of the other apps available which would be useful to use while biking.

A quick check on Amazon shows that the few mounts available have mixed or poor reviews.

Has anyone bought a mount for their Droid that might be made for an iPhone that worked well? if you bought a Droid specific mount, how is it working now for you?

Thanks!

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm just walking out the door for work so I don't have time to check other posts, but if you do an advanced search, I know there are a couple of other threads that people posted about bike and motorcycle mounts. I'm always interested myself but didn't find one that just felt like it would be stable for riding motorcycles without fear of it flying off and then having to file an insurance claim. If you do find something today, post links in case there are some new ones out there.

Carbja23

Reaction score
Old post, but I use my arm wrap case for this. I just wrap it around my handlebar frame and it works perfectly. I'll post a pic if I remember.

yamaredman

Reaction score
Not sure how well it will hold up on a mountain bike, but here's the mount on my road bike...

It's a basic hard case... and I mounted the back piece to the handlebar with velcro.

I'm not sure exactly what case it is, but it's similar to this...
BLACK HARD CASE COVER FOR MOTOROLA DROID A855 VERIZON - eBay (item 290452882009 end time Jul-10-10 18:01:04 PDT)

It doesn't move at all on my road bike, but I'm not sure how it will hold up to the hits on a mountain bike.

And I'm a MyTracks addict also. dancedroid

eanelson

Reaction score
I bought THIS one from ebay.

For $12, it works okay. I didn't really like the phone holster that came with it (tough to get on and off), but thankfully I previously bought the Motorola OEM car mount and that holster works perfectly in this.

The only problem I have had is that I tried to tighten down the rotating assembly too much and broke a plastic piece that kept one of the nuts tight. This prevented me from being able to tighten the ball joint at all. In order to fix this, I took it apart (very easy) and super glued the nut back into place. So far it is holding up great, but we will see with extended use. If it continues to be a problem -- and I don't imagine it will be -- I'll just super glue the ball joint so it is completely stationary. I only use it on my road bike anyhow and never rotate it.

Yamaredman -- Props to you as I don't think I would be able to trust the security of my droid to some velcro!

EDIT: Also, I only use mine on a road bike, but in a previous thread there was a guy talking about using it on his mountain bike and he didn't have any problems. It is pretty sturdy and I don't think it would cause problems if used on a mountain bike. And I am also a mytracks junkie. Nothing like impressing your friends after a long ride by emailing them a link to your ride with all the cool stats and the map!

fastco666

Reaction score
Droid bike Mount

I took an extra belt clip for my Body Glove case and mounted it to the riser with zip ties. I used a little extra helmet padding foam to pad the bottom of the clip to reduce vibrations, secured with crazy glue.
It holds the phone securely on my Mountain Bike and lets me use the phone in landscape or portrait mode. I use MyTracks regularly.

8i8D4X
Won't let me post image..

Last edited:

jmdrago

Reaction score
Bike mount for Droid

I just posted a bunch of Droid mounts on my site: Motorola Droid 2 Car Mounts

I made sure to take pics to really show how well the mounts are constructed. I've got one especially for mounting on your handlebars - one of our best sellers - see it here: Motorola Droid 2 Bicycle | Motorcylce Handlebar Mount

If you have any questions - feel free to shoot me an email.

John Drago
Owner / ExtremePDA.com