Droid Motorcycle Accessories Question.

bpad10

Reaction score
If I could find one that is cushioned and still locks firmly onto handle bars of my soft tail I would be thrilled......I know there are plenty of pouch attachments, but would prefer to see my GPS.....

Droid916

Reaction score
I am looking for a simple way to mount my Droid on my bike for long trips. I have a Harley so it needs to be well made for the vibrations. And I need it to be able to either charge or be able to plug a charger into it as 8 to 10 hours of GPS/Music will kill the battery. I am willing to modify anything to make it work. Was just wondering if anyone has something similar?

I got this on my CBR1000RR, it cost about 20.00 via a local shop.

EKLIPES

OP
Jjwilliams

Jjwilliams

Reaction score
Thanks for all the ideas. Think I will go with the ram mount.

clshaeffer

Reaction score
Enough room in Medium Aquabox for USB power?

Aloha,

Perfect info here. Anyone know if there is enough room in the RAM medium aqua box to squeeze a USB charger end in there? I know I'd have to modify it to get the cable through the box somehow and waterproof that modification... I'm just looking forward to some long rides and you know how much juice navigation sucks.

Also, is there enough room to squeeze a magnet under the droid and still close it? :D I use a thin mouse pad with a magnet mounted in it to get car mode in my truck and was hoping to do the same with the bike mount.

Thanks,
C

Greenblurr93

Reaction score
you could put the magnet in the supplied foam backing easy enough.

and i had to drill the bottom to get the power cable through in the right spot. didnt water proof it, but i drilled the hole small and filed it to shape so it fits snug.

skidemn

Reaction score
I am looking for a simple way to mount my Droid on my bike for long trips. I have a Harley so it needs to be well made for the vibrations. And I need it to be able to either charge or be able to plug a charger into it as 8 to 10 hours of GPS/Music will kill the battery. I am willing to modify anything to make it work. Was just wondering if anyone has something similar?

Check this one we offer. The mount is available with different holders, and add the Sekure Strap to it for a very secure hold:
Motorcycle/Bicycle Swivel Mount for Electronic Devices by: iGrip -

Android73

Reaction score
I just have to ride with it in my pocket with an extra battery at hand. Mounting docks are nice but I wouldn't trust it on my bike. I have a Softail so I couldn't imagine it on a rigid mounter engine which vibrates harder at stops. With the vibration on any Harley engine (and also factor in your pipe decibel level) I wouldn't trust and expensive hardware that doesn't hard-dock on.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I just have to ride with it in my pocket with an extra battery at hand. Mounting docks are nice but I wouldn't trust it on my bike. I have a Softail so I couldn't imagine it on a rigid mounter engine which vibrates harder at stops. With the vibration on any Harley engine (and also factor in your pipe decibel level) I wouldn't trust and expensive hardware that doesn't hard-dock on.

I used a Garmin GPS on my BMW R1100RS and my BMW R1100GS and I always had a lanyard on it even though the Touratech mount was rock solid. The lanyard saved a brand new Garmin 276 once.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Today I installed a cigarette lighter on my Vulcan to hook my Droid to. However, I really don't see a mount that I trust enough to use the Google Maps with. Can anyone point me to the "ultimate" Droid motorcycle mount?

skidemn

Reaction score
Today I installed a cigarette lighter on my Vulcan to hook my Droid to. However, I really don't see a mount that I trust enough to use the Google Maps with. Can anyone point me to the "ultimate" Droid motorcycle mount?

If you like the way this mount looks in the pictures (you should add the strap too), PM me for a link and discount coupon code.

GR1685motosm.jpg

The strap pictured below actually hard mounts between the mount base and the holder:
GR1686.jpg

crf69

Reaction score
i use a garmin zumo 550 and the droid and a scala rider q2.....FLAWLESS!!!!!!!!!

rjsurfer

Reaction score
I tried the Droid on my Suzuki V-Strom the other day and found it difficult to see in bright daylight. Voice commands worked great through my Scala 2, that was a plus.

Maybe I'm just used to my Garmin 2610 which worked in all conditions, never an issue with the screen washing out.

How do you guys find it in the full sun?

Ron W.