Reaction score
OP
mikeyinid

mikeyinid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I am working on the dialer, but I have a ton of stuff to do so it may be later before I can post it

OP
mikeyinid

mikeyinid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Updated the op with a new link. I changed contacts.apk, its still buggy but overall buggy...

Zetsumei

Reaction score
Updated the op with a new link. I changed contacts.apk, its still buggy but overall buggy...

Sounds good man. What is still buggy about the contacts.apk?dancedroid:icon_ banana: If you're talking about the in call options ie mute speaker etc, the buttons normalize w/ a 200 lcd density.

Last edited:
OP
mikeyinid

mikeyinid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Hmmm. Was it like that before? I didn't change anything there so it must have been...
Lockscreen when you open the physical keyboard.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

HarvesterX™

Reaction score
This is simply a beautiful theme. It kept me on Sapphire for quite some time until I wanted to finally upgrade to the newer Froyo releases. You will continually run into white on white issues and I haven't been able to find a workaround for it besides decompiling the apks and changing it that way. RootExplorer for example...there are just so many market apps that will have this issue.

On the other hand, I loved it so much I took the time to decompile and fix each app that had white on white. Are the menus in the Browser still out of wack too? The bookmark one for example? I still am on my Droid so I can't play with this ported theme but I am SO glad that it lives on. I tried porting this myself to other ROMs with no luck. Whenever I would try to recompile framework I would get so many errors and I tried everything I know to fix it but couldn't. I did finally get it working on Liquid though with one small...well huge caveat. I ended up having two notification bars lol. One right under the other. I just gave up after seeing that.

Good work though. God bless Avalon. This is still my favorite theme even though I'm currently on Gingerbread. Oh, check out the avalon development forums as well. If you don't have the link I can get it once I get on my phone. I'm pretty sure you have it though since you are in touch with importune. There are quite a few bug reports on there that could be useful.

Edit: Oh, another bug but I don't think this would affect you since you can't have the lockscreen in landscape (I think?)...When in landscape the slider text is rotated 90 degrees so a quick fix could remedy that but then again I don't even know if you guys can even have the lockscreen in landscape or not.

Another Edit: If you need any additional help man, hit me up. I spent quite some time trying to port this sucker and know it pretty well.

Last edited:

HarvesterX™

Reaction score
The reason this never made it out of beta IMO is the white on white issues with non stock apps. It would be a pain to continually support all apps that people have installed. I prefer to think of this as a fine wine. Not something somebody would use drink everyday but something that one who knows how to fix the small issues here and there could truly relish in. I just had to give you more props for attempting to make this work. If you do, my hats are off to you. This is the only non Droid thread I am subscribed to. Well OG Droid thread. Avalon is my wet dream lol. Ok ... one double post in a day is enough.

OP
mikeyinid

mikeyinid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
You are right, about never getting out of beta. The thing is that while you can trick the system into having white bg's, its not meant to. It causes bugs in nearly every app. I have tried everything to fix the problems and it seems its way beyond anything ill ever know lol. I tried though and anyone that knows anything about editing xml's can get this thing working good enough to use as a daily...I don't have the time to edit every single market app and comtinue to update them.
The reason this never made it out of beta IMO is the white on white issues with non stock apps. It would be a pain to continually support all apps that people have installed. I prefer to think of this as a fine wine. Not something somebody would use drink everyday but something that one who knows how to fix the small issues here and there could truly relish in. I just had to give you more props for attempting to make this work. If you do, my hats are off to you. This is the only non Droid thread I am subscribed to. Well OG Droid thread. Avalon is my wet dream lol. Ok ... one double post in a day is enough.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App